• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Used GTX 1070 Good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Heyo guys,

picked up a used GTX 1070 for £170, turns out it wasn't the model advertised, but the card is same brand different model (not as good). However it still seems to work ok.

Is £170 a good deal for a working (So far) GTX 1070 ?

Soldato
Own that model and yes it was the cheaper model upon release (no backplate boo) . Had it since release day and its been a solid performer and boosts really well (you'd think 2 fans wouldn't cool it well but they bloody well do)

Soldato
Nope. You can get a 1660 Super for 200 brand spanking new. Which is either on-par or >=10% faster depending on the game. And if VRS takes off next year (which it could, it's gonna be a staple console feature too) then it's way better.

Soldato
OP
Nope. You can get a 1660 Super for 200 brand spanking new. Which is either on-par or >=10% faster. And if VRS takes off next year (which it could, it's gonna be a staple console feature too) then it's way better.

I've used most RTX cards and 16 series, 1070 is def faster than 1660 Ti and RTX 1660 Super both. Extra 2GB of ram too.

Really I'm just messing with cards until we got proper next gen cards from either AMD or Nvidia next year xD

I want to know if £170 is a good price for the card in this thread lol.

Soldato
OP
Own that model and yes it was the cheaper model upon release (no backplate boo) . Had it since release day and its been a solid performer and boosts really well (you'd think 2 fans wouldn't cool it well but they bloody well do)

Yeah it does seem to cool it ok, just irritating that it was advertised as a G1, i.e backplate, RGB and triple fan.

I'm gonna get in touch with the guy who I bought it from see what he says.

Soldato
I've used most RTX cards and 16 series, 1070 is def faster than 1660 Ti and RTX 1660 Super both. Extra 2GB of ram too.

Really I'm just messing with cards until we got proper next gen cards from either AMD or Nvidia next year xD

I want to know if £170 is a good price for the card in this thread lol.

It's not.

Soldato
OP
£150 maximum. We are talking about an old second hand card here.

I looked on MM they don't seem to be any lower than what I paid.

Maybe I should have waited longer and saved 20 notes xD

I'm gonna get on the seller though about mis-advertising, it's literally a different card.. Dodgy mofo xD

Still it is working fine (So far).

Soldato
OP
Tell you what man, this gen has been a bit of a bore fest all around due to pricing for highest end cards etc. It's a bit better now with the supers launch and 5700 XT etc.

Still nothing really to get excited about..

Hoping next gen brings some proper decent bumps in performance / price metric, or even just killer ray tracing performance that is actually worth it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Tell you what man, this gen has been a bit of a bore fest all around due to pricing for highest end cards etc. It's a bit better now with the supers launch and 5700 XT etc.

Still nothing really to get excited about..

Hoping next gen brings some proper decent bumps in performance / price metric, or even just killer ray tracing performance that is actually worth it.
I recall chatting with your about your recent 2080 Super purchase if I am not wrong. What happened to that?

Caporegime
Not a great price but equally not something I'd make a forum post about over 20 quid tbh.

It works OK you say?

I'm taking it as a given it's an improvement on what you had before?

Just enjoy it man. :)

Soldato
I would contact seller and complain that you didn't get the card you paid for, personally I would ask either for a full refund Inc return postage OR a £20 partial refund to bring the card down to what it is worth imo.

It's a decent card but for me would be more of a point of principle thing.

I would not consider paying over £150 for a 2nd hand 1070

Soldato
OP
I would contact seller and complain that you didn't get the card you paid for, personally I would ask either for a full refund Inc return postage OR a £20 partial refund to bring the card down to what it is worth imo.

It's a decent card but for me would be more of a point of principle thing.

I would not consider paying over £150 for a 2nd hand 1070

Thanks man, this is what I've done. Asked for £20 back or a return. No response from seller as yet.

He had 4 of these supposed G1's for sale. Noticed today he now has negative feedback from sending wrong card (Falsely advertised) on another of the cards. So PayPal should help if needed, obviously all 4 cards were mis-advertised.

Thing is it's actually a good card. Been playing Modern Warfare, Halo MCC, and PA. It's running fine, cool and quiet. If he gives 20 back I'll call it a day.

Soldato
OP
I recall chatting with your about your recent 2080 Super purchase if I am not wrong. What happened to that?

Had a run of bad luck, the RTX 2080 Super was supposed to bundled with software, part of the reason I bought it made up a lot of the value of such high cost card.

Long story short the rain forest couldn't deliver said easier to return and re order. Once it went back black Friday deals had started.

I then saw a cracking deal on an 5700XT which arrive DOA (No joke), damaged mobo too, that is on it's way back to another place for testing. In the interim I fancied a Vega 56 or 1070 as I'm gonna give it to my son after I'm done with it.

Then this happened with the false advertising stuff xD, not much luck.

Not a great price but equally not something I'd make a forum post about over 20 quid tbh.

It works OK you say?

I'm taking it as a given it's an improvement on what you had before?

Just enjoy it man. :)

Ah yeah it was more about the false advertising ya know, this wasn't the card I ordered, so trying to figure was it worth just keep or return on principal kinda thing.

It seems to be decent enough card tbh, I may just keep and enjoy it then give to my son when this 5700 XT is sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom