*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
I loosely follow the boxing but for me this fight just proves it is a money making swindle. Joshua lost his last match (on purpose) and this match leads to a third. I'm done with boxing, it's a money making crock of ****. I hate ufc but at least it's not WWE.
Sorry, but that is the post of an imbecile, and I know you’re not one.

Why in God’s name would AJ want to lose his undefeated record and unification chance to a fat man, and especially on his
US debut?

You must be trolling.

Caporegime
Yes from what I seen from AJ in the first fight and previous, but AJ showed a different side to him now. Leaner, faster, movement and excellent game plan. Fair play to him and prove me and others wrong.
I’m an AJ fan but everyone knew how he should fight Ruiz, but I was dubious as to whether he could do it, but he did it with pure class. Only the casuals will accuse him of being boring. It was a masterclass of the sweet science. I never knew he had that pure level of boxing skill in him tbh.

Caporegime
Most impressive performance since the Klitscho fight and he's now proven he can box as well as punch.

Will be good to see how his power works at this weight against a fighter who he doesn't think is as dangerous as Ruiz.
That’s basically what Bellew was saying. Boxing is all horses for courses. Against Fury, he might think he can’t outbox him but can knock him out. In that scenario he might choose to gain weight to get more power. I’ve seen plenty of other boxers change their weight according to their opponent.

Soldato
I’m an AJ fan but everyone knew how he should fight Ruiz, but I was dubious as to whether he could do it, but he did it with pure class. Only the casuals will accuse him of being boring. It was a masterclass of the sweet science. I never knew he had that pure level of boxing skill in him tbh.

I agree it was a masterclass is jab and move. Ruiz just didn't have a answer. AJ need to stay at this weight and keep this level up.

I admit I did right him off and said he was getting knocked out but proven wrong.

Soldato
I loosely follow the boxing but for me this fight just proves it is a money making swindle. Joshua lost his last match (on purpose) and this match leads to a third. I'm done with boxing, it's a money making crock of ****. I hate ufc but at least it's not WWE.

Boxing is about blood sweat and tears while holding down a job and family life. Getting up at 4am to squeeze in 5 miles before you feed the tribe, do the school run and then a days work. Do that for ten years, have a couple of hundred fights and if you can stay reasonably fit maybe, just maybe you’ll have a chance to earn a living for few years, however you will be getting punched in the head (really hard) a couple of hundred times a month. If you’re really committed and very talented you might get a big payday and be able to buy a house.

smr

smr

Soldato
Spot on.

"Incredible drama"

"Tense fight"

Must have been watching a different fight to the rest of us.

So it wasn't tense considering Ruiz had him in the first fight and was having momentary spells of getting into it and throwing some jabs which semi-shook AJ?

How was it not tense?

All it needs in boxing is a momentary lapse of concentration and the guard let down to let your opponent in with a brutal hook and it's good night vienna.

I don't see how the fight wasn't tense, unless you'd have bet your house on AJ winning. Doubt it. That said, as I've said it was a great match and calm, measured and tactical box by AJ. Well deserved win.

Hopefully we don't get a trilogy fight. Much rather see him become undisputed but I think Wilder and Fury might have something to say about that. Both class boxers themselves.

Soldato
Very impressive to make the changes and out-box Ruiz. I do feel Ruiz let the first win go to his head and didn’t do the required prep. Saying that AJ would still win.

So AJ vs winner of Wilder vs Fury ?

Wilder has a date with Whyte and Joshua will have at least two mandatory defences. Assuming he wants to keep the belts and even then he might have to vacate one of the belts. Usyk might be next.

Soldato
At what point does it become unfair the difference in physic. Say a 9 foot athletic person came along and dominated boxing. Is it not unfair that Joshua is able to dance around, block and jab and win on points. Ruiz can't do this, he can only try to slug it out toe to toe.

So what's the message here it's pretty much I'm better than you because I as born that way.

Let's see Joshua vs Fury.

Soldato
At what point does it become unfair the difference in physic. Say a 9 foot athletic person came along and dominated boxing. Is it not unfair that Joshua is able to dance around, block and jab and win on points. Ruiz can't do this, he can only try to slug it out toe to toe.

So what's the message here it's pretty much I'm better than you because I as born that way.

Then lose some weight and go cruiser which im sure he would be able to.

Soldato
Boxing masterclass, while it was not full of what we assumed it would be ( knock outs, heavy punching and mistakes ) it was actually very pretty to watch. Showed a new chink in the armour.
Ruiz has suggested he partied to hard came in to heavy. I think Ruiz thought he could just walk through him again and gave very little effort to his conditioning and if I was him he would have been better to come in at 19 stone

Soldato

Professional sport isn't a safe space for delicate petals to get a medal for doing their best.

Its where the best genes, the best talents, and best attitudes go to compete. Usain Bolt is a freak of nature but you don't see people complaining it's unfair.

Soldato

you just need to box better if your opponent has physical advantages. Do you remember Nikolai Valuev? Everybody he fought was tiny in comparison

Soldato
Been thinking about this fight over night. I'm AJ fan but I think he's a coward after this fight.

He got knocked down in the last fight. To win this fight properly, knock Ruiz down. So instead he running around and jab jab to get points. I feel he cheated.

Back
Top Bottom