• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
How can you sit 1 foot from a PC screen (unless your 2-3 yrs old watching cartoons) you would not see much apart from right in front of your nose?
Each to their own, but I know I am not the only one. Typically I sit roughly 40cm away from my monitor. Never more than 2ft away and I see the monitor perfectly fine.

Permabanned
QUOTED: "4ft??? I sit closer to 1ft away, 2ft is the furthest"

You never said exactly 1 foot but then my reply did not quote you and was not bellow your post it was a generalisation to anyone. :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
well it’s much closer to 30cm than 40cm
Not sure what you meant by that, but I did specifically say 40cm few days ago on page 41 :)

Anyway, it's all about context and if my posts are read properly then one will see my statement was accurate. It was just 4K8Kv2 trying to be funny :p

Soldato
Not sure what you meant by that, but I did specifically say 40cm few days ago on page 41 :)

Anyway, it's all about context and if my posts are read properly then one will see my statement was accurate. It was just 4K8Kv2 trying to be funny :p

It was just a joke based on the fact that a foot is not 30cm...exactly

Soldato
Came in for news about ampere. saw a page long argument about how long a foot is. FFS - Are mods going to clean this crap up?

Infact. it's just page after page after page of garbage. Nevermind.

Soldato
The Turing cards aren't worth their retail price (especially the 2080S) IMO but I've managed to snag a Gigabyte RTX 2070S Gaming OC that a guy bought and hasn't opened for like two months, purchase proof included. Paid less than I did for my MSI 1070 Gaming X that I now sold for around 140 quid so it turned out to be the cheapest and most worthwhile upgrade ever for me.

The card runs really cool and quiet, no coil whine etc. and can run RDR2 1440p at pretty high details without problems. It's vastly more powerful than my 1070 and I can now wait to see what Ampere brings while enjoying some games properly knowing I've spent relatively little money on the upgrade:D If it's not a significant step-up, I'll stick with what I have.

Back
Top Bottom