Anthem 2018

Soldato
I thought the whole idea of quick resume was so you can shut down a game while playing and come back to exactly where you were, as for letting it cool down, just no, it'll cool down once its turned off.

Anthem has hard froze my Xbox X, the only way to power it off was to hold the power button in for 10 seconds, Then there are the annoying Audio bugs which randomly happen during missions and all i can her is the odd crackle forcing me to quit the game and restart it, I did request a refund for the broken mess but was refused.

Soldato
Who shuts down a console while in a game? Many games specifically tells you on intro's not to shutdown the console while it saves/writes data. Any sane person runs a game, exits the games, lets the console cool down for 10 - 20 minutes on its dashboard then switches it off. Same goes for PC.

I never close a game then let my console cool.

If im on ps4 I will pause the game and set console to rest mode.

If I im on the 1x I will pause game and shut down console (i have it on rest mode settings so i can resume).

I fail to see, though, how a game reading and writing to a disk and/or uploading to cloud storage should in any way impact a consoles boot sector. What is Anthem doing in console system files that would cause a boot failure? (Genuine question).

Corrupted sectors on a drive from powering off when the disk is writing should only affect the sectors relating to the game?

Soldato
been playing it for the last few days, the crashes/freezes are just a pain, can't remember the last game i had that even came close to it for issues, similar with the load times and their inconsistancy sometimes you see the javelin setup and leave others it cuts it out totally.

having finished the main story have the usual problem of people you've been speaking to in passing no longer have anything to say, those that don't actually do anything can be removed surely ?

overall i've liked the game, but until any dlc i think its finished with, as i'm not good enough to up the game to grandmaster levels, tried a couple of the supposed "easier" attempts and got melted :(.

Caporegime
This thread seems dead but has anyone else jumped on board now it can be bought pretty cheap? £20 on X1 anyway.

I played for a couple of hours last night and it all feels a bit overwhelming at the start tbh. Looks fantastic but it’s not the smoothest (1X) I’ve also had issues like the game not rendering your Javelin the first time you unlock it which led to a restart.

Gunplay feels solid and the whole flying element is cool. Looking forward to another blast today.

V F

V F

Soldato
been playing it for the last few days, the crashes/freezes are just a pain, can't remember the last game i had that even came close to it for issues, similar with the load times and their inconsistancy sometimes you see the javelin setup and leave others it cuts it out totally.

having finished the main story have the usual problem of people you've been speaking to in passing no longer have anything to say, those that don't actually do anything can be removed surely ?

overall i've liked the game, but until any dlc i think its finished with, as i'm not good enough to up the game to grandmaster levels, tried a couple of the supposed "easier" attempts and got melted :(.

Grandmaster levels is fun but my Javelin's aint powerful enough for Grandmaster 2 and 3 yet.

Soldato
Im a few hours in. Very much a Destiny feel.

Like the flying element but so far nothing has made the game stand out above other genere titles.

Thats not to say Im not enjoying it, and I will play it through. It is just early days I guess but it is feeling repetetive. Something about the flying makes me feel detached in some way. And also the texture pop can be worse than week one Rage on PC all those years ago!!

But I dipped back into Destiny 2 today - I had to start again on the 1x as my main character is on PS4.

Im like level 10 with it all to do, but straight away I was like yeah this is my thing. Maybe because I am an FPS fan.

Peeeps raging over D2 content charges. Guess im lucky I havent touched it since base game so feels like a good deal for all expansions and forsaken for £35.

I do like the crafting elements in Anthem. Feels a bit like witcher 3 xD

But the controls whilst in Tarsis. Oh my days. Feels like I am playing Deus Ex Invisible War all over again! :p

Caporegime
I think Twitch is a good barometer of how well a game is doing. Anthem right now has 35 viewers. That's even worse than something like Uno. All that money gone down the drain as it seems there's very little chance of a resurgence in popularity.

V F

V F

Soldato
I think Twitch is a good barometer of how well a game is doing. Anthem right now has 35 viewers. That's even worse than something like Uno. All that money gone down the drain as it seems there's very little chance of a resurgence in popularity.

Most of the savage Youtube reviews done most of the damage ripping it apart.

Soldato
I'm actually quite enjoying the story and flying around

The missions are very 1 dimensional though.

Have the bug where you can't launch side missions whilst the next story mission is "Return to the heart of rage". Annoying

Soldato
I'm playing through it for the first time too. I've got that exact same bug. You can launch from the Launch Pad room.

Game seems so pointless in so many ways. Character interaction is limited and had zero impact. Shops are... worthless? Everything can be accessed from the menu, so what's the point of the entire fort area? The game is also maybe the buggiest AAA release I've encountered. It's just terrible.

It's only saving grace is that actually flying is quite fun, and the gunplay is solid too.

Massive disappointment in the sense I feel like it could have been so much more. Also... why do I need to be connected to a live server when I'm walking around the fort that NEVER had any other players?? They killed quick resume for that. Urgh... loading screens.

V F

V F

Soldato
Anyone still grinding this? Got my Ranger up to Masterworks 648 and had another go on Grandmaster 2. Was hell of a fun encounter. No longer bullet sponges, tougher yes but it didn't half take a while... 45 - 50 minutes. The Tyrant Mine boss was a beast to kill, it was tig and tag with the deaths and revives. In between putting shields up for the Interceptors. Was hell of a fun encounter with the team. Also got my first epic drop.

The destruction and damage for the Masterworks Devastator is so fun.

Grandmaster 1 became so silly. The Tyrant boss must have died in less than 30 seconds.

More grinding to do.

Soldato
Im playing single player (well, always private lobby).

Played briefly not long after release and got to just level 6. Just came back and played some more and jeez the lag in battles is terrible.

Anyone else still playing the story in this?

I persisted for a good 2hrs and it didnt get any better. But I cant find any way of checking/changing what server Im connected to. I cant even check ping. Bit odd in an "always online" game.

Associate
Still tempted to get this. It’s only £5 so it’s got to be worth a shot.

I take it the game isn’t completely dead on PS4? Do you have to team up?

Will it brick my console?

Back
Top Bottom