Which tyres ? 215 /55 /16 Focus MK3

Caporegime
I have Continental Premium Contact 5's all round on my mk 3 Zetec S 182. No issues and I much prefer decent rubber but they're around £100 a tyre.*just checked on Oponeo, £85 each. Worth it for peace of mind, especially if there are kids in the car.

Uniroyal Rainsport 3's are very well regarded and cheaper.

Don
I've got Dunlop sport bluresponse on my Focus in that size and they are probably the best "sporty" option in this size (due to fairly stiff sidewalls compared to others in this size).

I've had also had conti premiumcontact 5's which were grippy but didn't last particularly long, and had Michelin primacy 3 which were fairly average.

In a similar size on a different vehicle, I've had Goodyear efficient grip performance, and they were grippy, long lasting but with a really unsettling soft sidewall which didn't inspire confidence.

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Thanks, the Cross Climate + Tyres sound very good indeed. Just watched tyrereviews video on youtube where the guy put different tyres through braking tests and the results for the Cross Climates were impressive.

Quite expensive at around £125-130 per tyre but I the average price in the tyre size I need is around £100 so I don't mind paying £100 more for what appear to be the best tyres.

Soldato
I'm a big fan of the Premium Contact tyres personally, excellent performer and quite a comfy ride, although they are a bit pricey.

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Looks like ATS have quite a good offer on at the moment for Michelin Tyres. £50 off four tyres and topcashback of 5.75 percent on online purchases brings the total for 4 Cross Climate + tyres to £429.96.

smr

smr

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies. I went for the Cross Climate Plus Tyres. 215 tyres seem to be quite a bit more expensive than 205 but I managed to get them for a good price considering they're £150 each at some places. £429 after promotional savings and also used a voucher code for £20 off 4 wheel computer alignment as well which is £65. Thought I may as well get the tracking checked whilst getting 4 new tyres.

The Tyres I have on the car at the moment are the Primacy HPs.

Back
Top Bottom