Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Thanks mate! It's just dropped a Valve! Metal fatigue i reckon, I've just sourced an S3 4.2 big valve XK6, I'm going to drop this in with 2" SU's untill i can sort the 3.8 motor out, Should fly though!

Soldato
Here's one of my Classic Jags, 1964, 3.8, Manual O/D, Spent 25+ years in California from 6 months old, When imported back it was cleaned, Etch primed and rustproofed underneath so it's pretty rot free, It's pretty much bodily 98% original, Excuse the winter wires!
SYHp1ti.jpg

My fiancés father has one of those, but it's the Daimler V8 version.

It's a nice big cruising drive.

Caporegime
Here's one of my Classic Jags, 1964, 3.8, Manual O/D, Spent 25+ years in California from 6 months old, When imported back it was cleaned, Etch primed and rustproofed underneath so it's pretty rot free, It's pretty much bodily 98% original, Excuse the winter wires!
SYHp1ti.jpg
Lovely, and even more lovely to see it being used in winter with winter wheels and tyres!

Si.

Si.

Soldato
How are you finding it reliability-wise? I love them but have heard mixed reports about the newer models, which is a shame as the old ones were built like tanks.

I did have a few issues when I first got it, hut these were down to the previous owner and the modifications he did. These have all been rectified and it's been excellent for the last 12 months.

The problem they have is that the Pentastar engine is overly monitored, so it's not unusual for engine warning lights to come on when offroading, but these usually self clear. For example, I did a river crossing once and got water into the oil pressure sensor which pinged the engine warning light. But I was still able to monitor the oil pressure so know everything was OK. the car drove fine, and the sensor dried out after 2-3 hours or driving.

I did a 4 day trip across one of the Australian deserts earlier this year without any issues at all.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Another drifter, had it for a while... E46 330CI fully polybushed, hydro, lock kit and remapped with piggyback ECU. Will be for sale soon @Acme *wink, wink*
Point-Blur-Dec082019-225237.jpg

FB-IMG-1573586656051-01-01.jpg

OcUK Staff
A couple of that sexy bum, one from Scotland trip this year and one from this morning:

f22.jpg

f2yel.jpg

It has being a fun year with the car, no issues, no cost, just insure it and put fuel in it, though it does turn fuel into noise, but what a glorious noise it makes.

Shall probably be putting the car in the garage soon to hibernate, to keep it protected from salt, only drove it today as its being a warm weekend with lots of rain so pretty much clean roads and well its a joy to drive even in the damp and cold.

Also had a letter over weekend from Ferrari stating they have a customer wanting the same specification as my car and enquiring if I would want to sell it back to them, I have of course declined their offer, plan is to keep it at least another year and then look at renewing the warranty at that time for a couple more years and then decide in 2022 if I want to sell or keep, values are holding very well considering how hard the super car market is being hit at the moment, my money was definetely best placed in prancing horse, if I'd of gone Mclaren I'd be crying a river of tears right now and Lamborghini is getting hit a little too, but shocking that you can now get into a 570S for 75k (they were 100k plus when I was looking) and a Performante is now circa 160-170k. To lose 40-50k in a year is hard, I've lost little on this car and the running cost are just fuel and insurance, servicing is free. My plan is to keep another 2-3yr, if the values look solid or even increasing then to keep it longer. I am moving this week so it will have a nice warm garage to live in and keep it out of the weather, hence makes sense to put it into hibernation and use the mini version of it. :D

I did wonder if there was anything else in the Ferrari stable, but nothing really interest me, the stuff after the 458, aka 488 don't really interest me and are losing money and apart from the NA V12's like 812 Superfast I just don't foresee anything I could swap for, except maybe another 458, of course the dream would be a 458 Speciale, but I cannot afford another 100k on top for pretty much same car, but if I win lottery I'd do it in a heart beat, as Ferrari do have a yellow 458 Speciale with every option, but the 320k price ouch, if I had the cash I would as would not be surprised if they are 500k in 2-3 years time.

daz

daz

Soldato
458s aren't immune to what's been happening in the supercar market, think they're around £130k now aren't they? That probably means dealers are buying them for £115-120k doesn't it?

Of course, it doesn't really matter if you're not selling. :D

OcUK Staff
458s aren't immune to what's been happening in the supercar market, think they're around £130k now aren't they? That probably means dealers are buying them for £115-120k doesn't it?

Of course, it doesn't really matter if you're not selling. :D

They have a white less spec car, 2012, 145k with 13k miles. Specification is key and based on the market I'd advertise mine privately what I paid for it, when I purchased mine bottom of market 458's were 110-120k advertised, that still seems the case now, unless your happy with an insurance write off or a car with no options.

2012+ Red, yellow, carbon interior, carbon buckets, forged wheels 10-30k miles are all in 130-160k region, advantage of mine is its a 2014 car and there were hardly any 458 Coupes sold on 2015 plates and not many more on 2014, it seems to make quite a difference in resale value.

But yes no plans to sell it anyway, but its certainly not lost 50k like other marques / models I was looking at. :)

Back
Top Bottom