LG 38GL950G - 3840x1600/G-Sync/144Hz

Soldato
OP
All that negativity and you haven't even tested the monitor yourself. And yes quality control for gsync monitors exists (https://youtu.be/Um0PFoB-Ls4) Enjoy your OLED TVs :)

I've been through enough IPS monitors to know their limitations, this will be no exception. It's not negativity, it just is what it is, no point ignoring it and pretending otherwise... and the best part of £2K for this is an absolute joke. It's not even about affordability, I could, but I categorically refuse to contribute to this farce.

Associate
All that negativity and you haven't even tested the monitor yourself. And yes quality control for gsync monitors exists (https://youtu.be/Um0PFoB-Ls4) Enjoy your OLED TVs :)

Well said ...

Hopefully people have more respect for G-Sync and G-Sync Ultimate platforms ..

Two biggest things G-Sync & G-Sync Ultimate has over Freesync & Freesync 2 is (quality control and Variable Overdrive.) Those two things alone make G-Sync superior to Freesync & Freesync 2......the only good thing about Freesync & Freesync 2 is that it's very cheap.. At quality loss cost.

Best on the planet top four 21:9 gaming monitors.. For 2019

G-Sync Ultimate
- ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
- Acer Predator 35X
- AOC Agon AG353UCG

G-Sync
- LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B

Very hard finding any other 21:9 Ultra Wide Gaming monitors that can compete at equal levels ..

LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B has a very unique product with Nano IPS 1ms display over the other 3 VA 2ms..

I wish the LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B was HDR 600 instead of HDR 400 that's my biggest concern about 38GL950G-B lacking brightness .. But hey you saved a $1000. Just not having G-Sync Ultimate ..

Soldato
OP
Well said ...

Hopefully people have more respect for G-Sync and G-Sync Ultimate platforms ..

Two biggest things G-Sync & G-Sync Ultimate has over Freesync & Freesync 2 is (quality control and Variable Overdrive.) Those two things alone make G-Sync superior to Freesync & Freesync 2......the only good thing about Freesync & Freesync 2 is that it's very cheap.. At quality loss cost.

Best on the planet top four 21:9 gaming monitors.. For 2019

G-Sync Ultimate
- ROG SWIFT PG35VQ
- Acer Predator 35X
- AOC Agon AG353UCG

G-Sync
- LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B

Very hard finding any other 21:9 Ultra Wide Gaming monitors that can compete at equal levels ..

LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B has a very unique product with Nano IPS 1ms display over the other 3 VA 2ms..

I wish the LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B was HDR 600 instead of HDR 400 that's my biggest concern about 38GL950G-B lacking brightness .. But hey you saved a $1000. Just not having G-Sync Ultimate ..

Quality control relating to G-Sync is just that... ensuring G-Sync works, no flickering etc. It has nothing to do with the inherent issues that ALL IPS panels suffer from, namely glow and also bleed (although any monitor can have the latter). Bleed SHOULD be a QC issue, but more and more monitor manufacturers (and retailers) are refusing to acknowledge it as an issue.

There are already pictures floating around of the 38GL950G with bad bleed and glow, so any suggestion this monitor will be any different is already redundant... you MIGHT get a good one, but it's the same panel lottery as buying ANY monitor, nothing to do with QC.

Yes, this monitor has some nice specs, although those aren't justification for the price tag, more so in light of the aforementioned issues it will inevitably suffer from. Contrast alone we know won't be great, and obviously that's not a 'fault', but it is limitation.

Soldato
But none of you points would make them poor gaming monitors.....
I never said they were. You asked why people are using LG specific TVs. It's because people who want to play games on OLED displays don't any other choice, they and the LG displays offer much better value for a much better picture.

Man of Honour
When's OcUK getting it in then??? January?

If I pre-order now do they take money on shipping or straight away?
apparently very limited stock expected in Jan, around 10 units. If you pre-order, money is taken straight away. Keep in mind that this date is not set in stone, but a current ETA

Caporegime
I never said they were. You asked why people are using LG specific TVs. It's because people who want to play games on OLED displays don't any other choice, they and the LG displays offer much better value for a much better picture.

Yeah my original point was to Toxictaz who said OLED was awful for gaming and that using IPS monitors was better for gaming. OLED for everything else. I would claim its the opposite and pointed out that if OLED was "so awful" for gaming then why are so many people putting up with larger than they would like OLED TVs and using them to game on.

Back
Top Bottom