Takeaway - Have you ever eaten someone else's food?

Associate
Never had a free takeaway before, but once tesco delivered me 3 crates of lager that I didn't order.

I told the delivery guy who said that they were mine as they'd been logged out the system and there was no way to log them back on.

I don't think they'd have been allowed to collect and redeliver the food as it could have been tampered with etc.

Soldato
I once picked a burger and fries from Five Guys at O2, got back to the hotel room and there was an extra burger in with mine but gutted I couldn't eat it as their burgers are quite big, didn't taste as nice when I tried it later that night after going cold.

Soldato
Never had a free takeaway before, but once tesco delivered me 3 crates of lager that I didn't order.

I told the delivery guy who said that they were mine as they'd been logged out the system and there was no way to log them back on.

I don't think they'd have been allowed to collect and redeliver the food as it could have been tampered with etc.

Heh. One year we had a delivery from Tesco and the delivery guy said he couldnt find the meats. Chicken, gammon, that sort of stuff. About 30 quids worth. Anyway he couldn't find it so he refunded us. He was straight up about it so fair enough, annoying but it happens. So, I unpacked it all in the kitchen and it was all there; Not only did they refund us for the meat but they gave us the meat as well lol. That was a nice little bonus :p

Associate
We once ordered a Chinese for multiple people at a party and when it arrived it cost quite a bit less than we thought so let the delivery girl keep the change.

When we served up, someone's meal was missing.

Caporegime
When I was back in 6th form my friend worked at Macdonald's during the weekend. When we used to go on the weekends through the drive through we would order a simple big Mac but end up getting 4 bags of stuff through the window. He never got caught either! We also abused his employee card after he left for about another two years.

Associate
Ordered chicken wings and once got 2 whole chickens. Phoned them and they corrected the chicken wing order and let me keep the wrong order. I ate chicken the entire weekend.

When I lived with my parents, we lived at #18 and would often get the wrong deliveries for 1b. Most of the time we hadnt ordered anything, so knew of the mixup to tell the delivery drive. Except the time both us and 1b both ordered from the same pizza place and I accidently took in their order. I chased the delivery driver in the street before he could drive away.

Associate
When I was back in 6th form my friend worked at Macdonald's during the weekend. When we used to go on the weekends through the drive through we would order a simple big Mac but end up getting 4 bags of stuff through the window. He never got caught either! We also abused his employee card after he left for about another two years.

I had the same thing back in the day, buy a cheese burger from my mate but get handed bags and bags full..

So rebellious :D

Soldato
I've received extra food stuffs when the food gets delivered, and though I did call the place up to explain, they said keep it. I think they write it off. It's probably the same with the deliveries. As you say unless the delivery guy comes back immediately then any food would end up cold.

Man of Honour
A couple of years ago at the McDrive-Through i used a McDonalds Monopoly voucher for a free Bigmac,
either something got lost in translation or they gave me someone elses order as they gave me three Bigmacs :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Possibly... ordered an Indian a few months ago. When I got home there was an extra portion of chicken curry in the bag... Way too far too return it so just ate it and said nothing....

Associate
Q) Takeaway - Have you ever eaten someone else's food?
A) Yes, I often pinch a few of Mrs. Feek's chips when I'm unwrapping them and putting them on her plate.

You need to watch out. Last I heard, people who do this very often land up with a broken bone...most cases the arm that did the thievery!

Caporegime
Ordered chicken wings and once got 2 whole chickens. Phoned them and they corrected the chicken wing order and let me keep the wrong order. I ate chicken the entire weekend.

When I lived with my parents, we lived at #18 and would often get the wrong deliveries for 1b. Most of the time we hadnt ordered anything, so knew of the mixup to tell the delivery drive. Except the time both us and 1b both ordered from the same pizza place and I accidently took in their order. I chased the delivery driver in the street before he could drive away.
I would watch this film.

Back
Top Bottom