*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Soldato
@TonyTurbo78 Looks good and im sure the kid will love it!

which fans did you use? they look nice and bright

Case fans come with the case preinstalled, that's the 3 in the front and 1 at the rear. The 2 in the top are the rgb fans from the coolermaster ml240r rgb AIO. Annoyingly, couldn't put the 240 rad in the roof because with the fans on the rad, it fouls on the memory sticks and motherboard connectors at the top. As you can see in the pic, it's all a little tight with a large motherboard. I just couldn't manage to get the rad with the fans attached to it to fit with the higher memory sticks and the motherboard connectors. Really wanted that heat from the CPU out of the case, but had to fudge it a little.

ovn27j9h.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
amd ryzen 9 3900x (stock speed 3.8ghz pbo enabled)
32gb ddr4 3600mhz speed corsair lpx (2*16gb 18,22,22,42, 1T)
asus strix x570-1 gaming itx mainboard
corsiar sf 750w sfx platinum rated modular psu
samsung 970 evo 250gb m.2 ssd (boot drive for windows)
samsung 860 evo 1tb ssd for games and storgae
zotac 2 slot blower rtx 2080 ti gpu
dan a4 v4.1 itx case
astek 645lt 92mm aio water cooler for cpu
added a aditional noctua 92mm fan for cooling on the cpu vrm and motherboard areas (m.2 & chipset)

k7cCl2M.jpg.png

kGniMyG.jpg.png

VaIA12L.jpg.png

X4Dbg9F.jpg.png

temp wise cpu never goes above 70 degrees and always hits 4.4ghz via pbo, the adition of the extra 92mm fan was critical in keeping the m.2 and chipset cool, noticed at 30 degree drop on the chipset once installed, furthermore the gpu never exceedes 70 degrees and manages a healthy 1.96ghz core clock which is epic

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks great but I’d be interested to hear how a 92mm AIO is keeping that 3900X in check. I don’t reckon it can based on most reviews saying a 120mm AIO can’t keep it cool enough.

Last edited:
Associate
Im not really a fan of these small cases, would be far too fiddly to install and make changes

however it does always amaze me how much can be squeezed into them and still perform well

i also prefer the flame grilled steak flavour over the salt & malt vinegar :D

Soldato
Looks great but I’d be interested to hear how a 92mm AIO is keeping that 3900X in check. I don’t reckon it can based on most reviews saying a 120mm AIO can’t keep it cool enough.

stock speed the 3900x is perfectly fine on the 92mm aio, i tried setting a 4.2ghz all core oc and noticed temps where climing, just sat in windows after around 30mins the cpu hit 60 idle under a 4.2 all core oc, dropping back to stock speed and setting a max 1.2v core voltage the cpu bouces between 3.5ghz and 4.4ghz depending on load and is perfectly stable and cool enough to run, dowside is the fan on the aio never drops below 1900rpm and at max hits 2500 rpm it is loud but not too bad, i wear headphnes so dont notice it :)

when i started up hwinfo64 and placed the cpu under load at stock speed i noticed the total power draw sat just inder 64w for the cpu, the 92mm aio i'm using has a max capacity of 65w so i'm pushing it a bit but when i set a manual oc i saw the power hit over 112w which is far too much for the tiny aio to cope with.

Im not really a fan of these small cases, would be far too fiddly to install and make changes

however it does always amaze me how much can be squeezed into them and still perform well

i also prefer the flame grilled steak flavour over the salt & malt vinegar :D

lol all the work vending machies at the time had salt and malt vinger in them, flame grilled are a good shout too XD, i put them in just for perspective.
yeah the dan a4 does need a lot of test fitting before it all works, was around 3 hours for me before it all fitted into place

Associate
This morning I moved my main system form a Dan A4 case to a Louqe Ghost S1.

I think it is a significantly better case to build in and the quality is night and day - the Ghost is a fantastic case. The Dan is good, but it is premier league vs 2nd division as a quality comparison, and the Dan is so limited with CPU cooling options. I used the Asetek 645LT AIO in the Dan, but it was a poor performer and would heat soak easily. The Big Shuriken 2 air cooler in the Ghost, with a Noctua 120x15 fan is much more effective, but wouldn't fit in the Dan.

For those who know the Ghost, I have turned it upside down so the only fan fitment, which is normally located at the bottom, is now at the top as an exhaust. Works really well and means I don't need to use a top hat.

Coffee Jar is for scale... it is very SFX.

VWy4ez4h.jpg

B8y59NIh.jpg

KxTEco2h.jpg

tEWYj6Ch.jpg

5OpD46xh.jpg

4WflDFJh.jpg
Would you recommend that monitor?

Associate
Would you recommend that monitor?

It depends what you use it for and the price, but for my needs, absolutely. It is an LG 34UC99-w. I got it in April on a deal for about £450, and I love it. I game, a bit, (but not FPS). 75hz, brilliant IPS freesync panel, I can really see the difference compared to my other screens, games just 'pop' on it, very vibrant, though not HDR. Productivity wise is perfect for me I can't justify spending more on a screen. Build quality is solid and I now love Ultrawide. For me 34 inches 1440p is the sweet spot. If you can pick it up for £500 or under, I think amazing value.

Associate
It depends what you use it for and the price, but for my needs, absolutely. It is an LG 34UC99-w. I got it in April on a deal for about £450, and I love it. I game, a bit, (but not FPS). 75hz, brilliant IPS freesync panel, I can really see the difference compared to my other screens, games just 'pop' on it, very vibrant, though not HDR. Productivity wise is perfect for me I can't justify spending more on a screen. Build quality is solid and I now love Ultrawide. For me 34 inches 1440p is the sweet spot. If you can pick it up for £500 or under, I think amazing value.
I would love something like that but I have a 60hz 4k 28" and a 75hz 1440 27" and would have to be able to sell them somewhere first. I dont really know where I could sell them.

Back
Top Bottom