Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
It's currently £35.99 on CDKeys. That's the R* version, I assume there's no issue with buying that version from there?

I'm tempted at that price.

I have never had an issue with CDKeys

At the moment you can only get keys from resellers on either RSSC or Epic (Humble Bundle) There does not seem to be any Steam keys in the wild.

Associate
Finally made it to Chapter 3.
I've spent so much time in Chapter 2 just exploring, rounding up horses and dropping them off at the Valentine stables... got myself a nice racing horse as well now.
It's currently £35.99 on CDKeys. That's the R* version, I assume there's no issue with buying that version from there?

I'm tempted at that price.
Shouldn't have any real issues with buying from CDKeys for the Rockstar version.

Associate
After playing and completing this on my PS4 on release i simply refuse to pay for the same game twice. So i am sat patiently waiting for other means to try it on pc. I dont plan to play it much at all again, just want to test how it runs and plays on a pc.

Soldato
If your FPS is dropping when in the forest areas check tree tessellation isn't enabled, they turned it on a on previous update.

Strange thing is, dense forest areas are perfect. It's the towns where it drops significantly. Especially in Strawberry. It was fine up until recently:(

Associate
I literally would not have bought this if you'd posted that 10 minutes earlier. :(
I wouldn't let personal experiences of crashes and low performance sway you too much, it's still a cracking game and normally the people having issues are in the minority as those without issues don't tend to be vocal about it.

I've not had a single crash as of yet and have the game running smooth most of the time... I do get the odd bit of stutter in some areas, however I am pushing it trying to playing it at max settings on a 3440x1440 resolution with a single 2070 Super.

Man of Honour
Steam reviews are bloody great! :D

Some of those steam reviews are ridiculous and are one of the reasons why I no longer use steam reviews as a barometer. I actually saw several negative reviews on there this weekend for RDR2 saying that the game was boring and was too slow. That's a ridiculous reason to give a negative review to a game, its not call of duty, its supposed to be slow paced. People really should do more research into what they are buying before they part with their money. Probably the same people who give a negative review to the film Young Frankenstein because its in black and white

Man of Honour
I've had a couple of CTDs this weekend, one of them cost me a £500 trade run but in terms of FPS, my FPS is way way higher than when the game released. I've actually been increasing my various settings over the recent weeks and now have most of them on High/Ultra

Caporegime
Im raging because one of the C2Ds was literally right after a fairly lengthy mission, before it saved, so I sacked off that mission and decided to do

Dry run from Van Horn to Blackwater in 17 minutes (Horserider Challenge 9) - get there, it flags the challenge complete but I had the Pinkertons all over me so couldn't save, before I could get away it crashed :(

So I went to do it again, got almost all the way there and a Pinkertons horse made me fall off mine so I guess you can't get off your horse during the challenge.

So went to do it AGAIN, and finished it this time. Thankfully.

Last edited:
Soldato
I literally would not have bought this if you'd posted that 10 minutes earlier. :(

Its been fine for me since release.
Nabbed the missus' 1080ti and whacked most of the settings to max at 1440p. Looks great and is very stable.

The first couple of hours is a basic tutorial so once you get through that, you can go anywhere in Chapter 2. Enjoy!

Soldato
So this still CTD's????? I played about 45 mins the other night, did a bounty and a side mission. Nothing too lengthy. I'm just too worried to get far into something and have it crash on me.

Any news from R* on if this is a recognised issue and what's causing it?

Back
Top Bottom