Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Soldato
Completely smooth for me (3700x and Radeon VII at 3440x1440)

I've only played a short time so can refund on steam if necessary. What's the general consensus on getting Reach on its own or buying the whole Masterchief Collection?

All six games for £29.99, or pay £6.99 each (£41.94). So really it's a question of whether you intend to play through the story from start to finish? If you're getting it solely for multilayer, then stick with Reach.

Soldato
Completely smooth for me (3700x and Radeon VII at 3440x1440)

I've only played a short time so can refund on steam if necessary. What's the general consensus on getting Reach on its own or buying the whole Masterchief Collection?

Honestly, for the single player and coop alone the amount of game you get for the money rivals The Orange Box in my opinion. Multiplayer doesn't interest me hugely but I might try a little bit.

Associate
I'm having a weird issue on Game Pass where it will let me install the game but it installs in like 3 seconds and then asks for install again, I may just get it on Steam and save my sanity. I played all of the campaigns to death and lived on Halo Reach when that came out.

Associate
Digital Foundry poster there analysis today. shows frame pacing/ animation issues above 60 fps so that's where the feel of stutter may be coming from. that and audio issues seem to be there biggest gripes.
anyway, brought and installed today so ready to give it a go. have fond memories of Combat evolved from back when i was at uni and just getting into PC tech etc.

Soldato
There's always the choice of £1 for Xbox PC pass to try it for a month before commiting to a steam purchase, That's what i'm doing for now, I will be getting them all on steam at some point.

Soldato
Been many years since I played reach so I maybe wrong but I'm sure we could play competitive team death match, when I click competitive multiplayer though there is only two mode options ?

Associate
Had a blast playing through campaign on co-op, loads of fun and laughs.

Played some online multiplayer too, infection, big team slayer etc. Just as fun as I remember. Never thought I'd miss being teabagged :D

Loaded up some old custom maps like fat kid and bumper cars last night with 4 other friends. Haven't laughed so much in ages!

Associate
I was ill all weekend, so just played the campaign on legendary solo. Got it completed, only a couple of parts had me nearly pulling my hair out. Screw LASO though.

Soldato
I was ill all weekend, so just played the campaign on legendary solo. Got it completed, only a couple of parts had me nearly pulling my hair out. Screw LASO though.
It was the final level that drove me nuts when I finished it on legendary years ago, the bit just before game finishes felt like the whole difficulty amped up even more

Associate
It was the final level that drove me nuts when I finished it on legendary years ago, the bit just before game finishes felt like the whole difficulty amped up even more

I must have been lucky, I breezed through the final mission. The only trouble I really had was Long Night of Solace. I do find with Halo that sometimes everything can just align perfectly for you in a mission. You can re-do the same checkpoint again and again and the AI will then do something different which cause you to be able to win

Soldato
I must have been lucky, I breezed through the final mission. The only trouble I really had was Long Night of Solace. I do find with Halo that sometimes everything can just align perfectly for you in a mission. You can re-do the same checkpoint again and again and the AI will then do something different which cause you to be able to win
I get that feeling in other games as well, that or you'll land a perfect sticky nade in halo which helps a lot hehe

Soldato
First time I've been disappointed with Game Pass. Game just fails to run and just loops round to the Microsoft Store. I believe the fix is to install this to the C:\ drive but this is just madness so I'm not doing that and will wait until it's fixed properly.

M.

Soldato
First time I've been disappointed with Game Pass. Game just fails to run and just loops round to the Microsoft Store. I believe the fix is to install this to the C:\ drive but this is just madness so I'm not doing that and will wait until it's fixed properly.

M.
Forget game pass store go straight to Windows store and install it.

Back
Top Bottom