Going through traffic light as they change to Amber.

Soldato
I'd got the sun in my eyes and was driving through a city I am not that really familiar with and just happened to catch I went through the light as it changed to orange Not wishing to risk it I stopped and waited for the lights to repeat their sequence before resuming. I'm not sure if there were video cameras or not on the lights..If there were they would have been 360..There weren't any camera warnings anywhere. Would there be enough grounds to challenge any would be fine? I'm unsure of the law with regards to any of this.

Man of Honour
Are you saying you stopped after passing the white line? and waited out the whole cycle just infront of the normal stopping position?

If you go through as the lights begin to change just continue through with caution - you'd be very unlucky in that situation to be snapped for going through on a red.

Soldato
OP
Are you saying you stopped after passing the white line? and waited out the whole cycle just infront of the normal stopping position?

If you go through as the lights begin to change just continue through with caution - you'd be very unlucky in that situation to be snapped for going through on a red.
Yeah I stopped after passing the white line. It was a wide junction. If I'd have carried on somwhere through the lights would have been on red.

Soldato
UK. I didn't carry on The lights suddenly changed as I was on them. I read somwhere you are not clocked until after 3 seconds they have changed to red.

It didn't suddenly change. It changed the same as any other light anywhere. That's why there's an amber light. You should have just continued on rather than stopping, but i don't think there's any danger of you getting a ticket.

Soldato
eah I stopped after passing the white line. It was a wide junction. If I'd have carried on somwhere through the lights would have been on red.
if your wheels are advancing/moving over the white line when it is red (3s after amber) that would be illegal , otherwise safe to proceed with caution , as commented.

Soldato
Red light cameras work off the signals, so they get a “get ready” and then an “arm” signal (torroids in the signal heads) and then they rely on loops in front of the stop line. unless you continue thru the red the camera wont go off.

Soldato
UK. I didn't carry on The lights suddenly changed as I was on them. I read somwhere you are not clocked until after 3 seconds they have changed to red.

Okay I understand, you stopped just over the line when it turned to amber, you'll be fine

If you had broken the law, I'm curious how GD could help with this ?

Caporegime
OP said:
I'd got the sun in my eyes and was driving through a city I am not that really familiar with

Welp.

and just happened to catch

ORLY

I went through the light as it changed to orange

Um, that actually seems ok so I'm not sure what the prob -

Not wishing to risk it I stopped and waited for the lights to repeat their sequence before resuming

Dude. Dude. Double you eff tee.

Back
Top Bottom