Going through traffic light as they change to Amber.

Soldato
I'd got the sun in my eyes and was driving through a city I am not that really familiar with and just happened to catch I went through the light as it changed to orange Not wishing to risk it I stopped and waited for the lights to repeat their sequence before resuming. I'm not sure if there were video cameras or not on the lights..If there were they would have been 360..There weren't any camera warnings anywhere. Would there be enough grounds to challenge any would be fine? I'm unsure of the law with regards to any of this.

dsaqJhx.jpg

Caporegime
I'd got the sun in my eyes and was driving through a city I am not that really familiar with and just happened to catch I went through the light as it changed to orange Not wishing to risk it I stopped and waited for the lights to repeat their sequence before resuming. I'm not sure if there were video cameras or not on the lights..If there were they would have been 360..There weren't any camera warnings anywhere. Would there be enough grounds to challenge any would be fine? I'm unsure of the law with regards to any of this.

You do know you need a driving license to drive in this country?

Soldato

If you didn't see a flashes don't worry about it. If its any consolation I've been through a fair number of amber lights in my time and never had any issues. If you're blatantly jumping the lights and theres a camera it will flash there are even dedicated cameras just for that purpose they're usually on top of the lights and a smaller square box rather than the oblong standalone ones. And I have seen those go off when cars were blatantly going through the filter lane on the junction on red, flash, flash. Idiots.

Really though if you should keep going if they turn amber on you slamming your brakes on is a hazard to other users and may even block traffic using the junction if you're over the line.

Man of Honour
Can you imagine if traffic lights just suddenly changed without warning :D

It does happen even though it isn't supposed to (I've previously posted the incident code) was getting a lift with a mate and they suddenly changed and to our horror everyone waiting to cross just stepped out into the road without looking - how he avoided hitting anyone I don't know.

Soldato
We need the system that some countries have, Thailand also has it.

It has a count down timer on the lights, so you know exactly how long you need to wait.

Although, it encourages phone use as they know they have 100 seconds or something till they get to move.

Caporegime
We need the system that some countries have, Thailand also has it.

It has a count down timer on the lights, so you know exactly how long you need to wait.

Although, it encourages phone use as they know they have 100 seconds or something till they get to move.

I remember seeing that system and I've been to thailand so must have been there. I believe sidewalks in Canada have the system for pedestrians too. As in they have x number of seconds to cross the road and to stop crossing if they haven't already started after a certain point.

Both are good systems IMO.

Caporegime
If the lights change to Amber and it is safe to stop before the line you should do so. If you were to stop beyond the line, possibly even impeding traffic from other directions you should continue through the junction. However it would be very dimly looked at if you sped up or were travelling too quickly to stop safely when the lights changed to Amber. Even in a NSL, 60MPH road 3 seconds should be ample on a properly maintained, roadworthy car to come to a complete stop from 60Mph.

Back
Top Bottom