generic thread title about climate change

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Did you consider the construction of this thread completely and thoroughly before creating? No, I didn't think so.

Common consensus is that we would be economically suicidal to try to fight climate change over the next something odd years. Better to ride it out until equilibrium via appropriate reactive and adaptive changes as opposed to current presented extremes.

Caporegime
Did you consider the construction of this thread completely and thoroughly before creating? No, I didn't think so.

Common consensus is that we would be economically suicidal to try to fight climate change over the next something odd years. Better to ride it out until equilibrium via appropriate reactive and adaptive changes as opposed to current presented extremes.

And if the extremes happen because we didn't adapt hard enough? It's going to be economic suicide anyway. If the changes means runaway issues in the ocean, permafrost and Antarctic ice, we lose, end of story. Let's just hope it doesn't happen and we get away with it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
And if the extremes happen because we didn't adapt hard enough? It's going to be economic suicide anyway. If thing's runaway from us, we lose, end of story.
No, you've misunderstood what I have said.

There are no climate extremes, just gradual changes which we have previously reacted to without sensationalisation and panic.

The extremes I spoke of were our current stop eating meat and other dramatic instagram causes.

Have any children? If not I wouldn't worry. Humans are a pestilence on the planet, one day we'll die out anyway then the world will recover.
Come on man, you know we're taking the world with us :D

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I don't think many deny human involvement in climate change, I think the question is to what degree.

Was the consequence of an industrial revolution catastrophic in terms of output from our perspective, quite definitely, however the relative impact is minor in comparison.

The issue appears to be that the "humans bad, animals good, plants better" idiotic mass public and the "god did it, not me" idiotic in-denial people of power do not view the entire picture from all perspectives and continue to keep their minds closed.

I dont understand the purpose of either stance, science is logic not sensationalism nor dismissal.

Back
Top Bottom