Logitech G903 Issue - Looking for replacement

Associate
I have had the G903 for about 18 months.

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed that it each time I left click, it is generating multiple clicks. At this point it really is quite unusable.

A google search appears to suggest that this is a common problem, caused by the type of sensor switches used in this device. There is a 2 year warranty, so I will pursue this with Logitech.

Q1. I would be interested to know if anyone else has had similar issues.

Q2. Whilst waiting on Logitech, I would like to know what other users would suggest as a replacement.

Q3. I also purchased the charging pad for this mouse. Would any other mouse be able to use this charging pad?

Soldato
I had the same issue, I got Logitech to replace it, but it's just sat in its box. I got a G502 Light speed that I use as my main mouse now.

Associate
1: Yes this is a general issue that can happen on mice, it's not uncommon
2: Logitech has a monopoly on the wireless sector right now. The only viable alternative is the Razer Viper Ultimate. The G Pro wireless from Logitech also has double clicking issues. If you want a dark horse recommendation that has little double click reports, try the G305. If you still want to use your charging pad, try the G703 but this is only if you claw or palm
3: Only logitech lightspeed products iirc

Soldato
The G703 has issues with the scroll wheel reversing direction. I've had 2 replaced and they continue to exhibit the same problem after a few hours use. Just have quick google, it's a common issue.

There is a firmware update that is supposed to fix the problem but it's did not work for either of mine. (and many other folk) In the end I switched to a cheapo Steel series Rival 110. Other than not being wireless, it's better in every way than the G703 and a 3rd the price. Logitech are not what they were quality wise.

Associate
The G903 uses the same omron switches as the G-pro Wireless/G703 and a lot of people have same issue, if your handy with a soldering iron, you could change the switches with Kalih Red's quite (slightly diff feel and crisper sound from omron)cheap for a pack, check for some youtube videos on how to! this will permanently fix the issue, it's sad people have to do this to a £100+mouse, but manufacturers using bad components, cough Logitech !

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have had 903 since it was preorder so before launch, it has been iffy since day one with the switches which is an known issue and my past 3 Logi Gaming mice have been weird in that I feel "dizzy" trying to put pointer onto a pixel (I cannot explain it but very inaccurate).

The software is poor also, bit better (less bugs) since out of beta but its same as old software with a new skin.

I wish I had stocked up on MX1000 mice TBH.

Associate
I have just gone back to wired mouse, the very light weight Cooler Master MM710 I have the Gpro/703/305, and I thought I would be annoyed by the cable, and tbh the cable on this mouse is that good, that I don't even know its there, that's how light weight and flexible it is, probably the best or one of the best stock cables, compares to paracable, and the mouse feet are super glide/smooth, fast makes for very good tracking/flick the other mouse feet feel like moving through mud, and also best stock feet I have ever used, not even missing wireless, got it on a good price curtsy of OCUK deals.(which is still running)

Last edited:
Soldato
The G903 uses the same omron switches as the G-pro Wireless/G703 and a lot of people have same issue, if your handy with a soldering iron, you could change the switches with Kalih Red's quite (slightly diff feel and crisper sound from omron)cheap for a pack, check for some youtube videos on how to! this will permanently fix the issue, it's sad people have to do this to a £100+mouse, but manufacturers using bad components, cough Logitech !

It did cross my mind to have a go at switching out the encoder wheel on mine as I have 2 703's on the shelf to have a go at. Unfortunately my "Google-Fu" failed me and I could not find the specs for the encoder to source a quality equivalent. As you say, in a high end mouse you'd expect to find quality components not cheap tat.

Likewise I thought I'd find switching back to a wired mouse cumbersome but never even notice the cable and the mouse itself is way lighter in use.

Back
Top Bottom