Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Associate
First time I've been disappointed with Game Pass. Game just fails to run and just loops round to the Microsoft Store. I believe the fix is to install this to the C:\ drive but this is just madness so I'm not doing that and will wait until it's fixed properly.

M.

Are you using the Xbox (beta) app?

Soldato
Are you using the Xbox (beta) app?

Yes mate. There have been a few updates to the App and the Game as well which I've installed. This has gone from launching the little developers video at the start to now just skipping that and taking it straight to the store.

M.

Soldato
Found what it is. It's Windows Firewall. It seems to block something at the start and, for some reason, takes you back in a loop of the store.

What's weirder is I can't unblock it unless I allow all outbound as it seems, when it launches, it does something strange with the exe (maybe re-unpacking it and verifying it) as the firewall rules show the path doesn't exist and it creates it everytime.

If anyone is having issues then the fix is to allow all outbound. Very poor implementation and it's the only game I've ever had that does this.

M.

Soldato
Still super stuttery, and the audio seems to be all over the place? Some channels much quieter than others. Is it just me?

nah had it myself in respect to audio issues but they were aware and doing a fix for the audio apparently. For me it was the gunshots were very quiet. Not had stutters bit though, was super smooth though I stuck to 60fps and put a cap on it. Gather there are issues if you go over that or something.

Soldato
nah had it myself in respect to audio issues but they were aware and doing a fix for the audio apparently. For me it was the gunshots were very quiet. Not had stutters bit though, was super smooth though I stuck to 60fps and put a cap on it. Gather there are issues if you go over that or something.

Yea, I don't think it plays well with Gsync at all.

Associate
I tired it with ISLC/intelligent standby list cleaner, & it fixed the stuttering for me, after running ISLC before starting the game, then once game is running, and I was in game, closed ISLC then Starting it again.(worked for me)

Associate
Just playing through Reach on the game pass and not really getting into it. Played a couple of halo games on the xbox but finding this a bit dull, almost ignoring the story. About half way through, runs very well though

Soldato
Not just you, my centre channel is very quiet.

I find it quite stuttery as well, even though its showing 120fps solid.
Any news on a patch for this?

I fired mine up last weekend I think for a look and had stuttering. Was hoping to play some this weekend but won't bother if it's not fixed...

Soldato
i was just playing it there at lunch and its still the same, i dont find it terrble, but just dont understand why it feels stuttery when the frame rate is rock solid.

Out of curiosity, have you tried locking it to 60hz. Played this on a 4k pane; / rig panel rather then my 100hz G-Sync panel, but on the 4k 60hz it felt very smooth. Could be worth just trying to see what 60hz does and AFAIK recall seeing issues if you go over 60hz. Want to try getting it downloaded on main rig now, but potato internet connection so CBA to test it myself on faster then 60hz panel.

Audio is on their known issue list: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037448411-Halo-Reach-PC-Known-Issues-12-3-19 no ETA for fix yet provided though sadly.

Soldato
Watch this from 21:25 onwards and see what you think.

Ahhh just saw this post after my prior one. Yeah as I recall reading around, seem to be better to actually play it locked to 60 FPS which is why when I played at 60hz locked did not seem to have any issues. Felt relatively smooth.

Soldato
Out of curiosity, have you tried locking it to 60hz. Played this on a 4k pane; / rig panel rather then my 100hz G-Sync panel, but on the 4k 60hz it felt very smooth. Could be worth just trying to see what 60hz does and AFAIK recall seeing issues if you go over 60hz. Want to try getting it downloaded on main rig now, but potato internet connection so CBA to test it myself on faster then 60hz panel.

Audio is on their known issue list: https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037448411-Halo-Reach-PC-Known-Issues-12-3-19 no ETA for fix yet provided though sadly.

Yup, tried it at 60hz and 120hz on both my 3440x1440 and my 4k screens, its not terrible, its just a bit jittery.

Soldato
Anyone got this?? Any thoughts? Is the MP active?

I quite fancied it, but there's no discussion of it on here, and I had a butchers on Twitch and there's basically nobody playing it there either... Reviews seem good, but seems to be a dead release.

Soldato
The only game available at the moment within the collection is Reach, which personally didn't interest me that much really. I'm guessing a lot more people will start paying attention once the original trilogy starts getting releases.

Back
Top Bottom