• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
huh? What idiotic statement is that? :rolleyes:
Care to make elaborate because with the 19.12.2 AMD provided new driver & enhancements all way to the 7700 and 7900 series, over 6y ago graphic cards and improving their performance also!!!!!

Over-react much?
There are two open issues with the VII that have been around since 19.5.x and they are not mentioned as fixed or as issues they are just ignored now. One of them had been in known issues on every release up to this one.
Care to calm down now?

Soldato
Over-react much?
There are two open issues with the VII that have been around since 19.5.x and they are not mentioned as fixed or as issues they are just ignored now. One of them had been in known issues on every release up to this one.
Care to calm down now?

I am pretty calm, the point is that you haven't defined what the issues are, and your post was an overreaction given that barely anyone is affected.

Permabanned
huh? What idiotic statement is that? :rolleyes:
Care to make elaborate because with the 19.12.2 AMD provided new driver & enhancements all way to the 7700 and 7900 series, over 6y ago graphic cards and improving their performance also!!!!!

I am pretty calm, the point is that you haven't defined what the issues are, and your post was an overreaction given that barely anyone is affected.

Guy is pretty right, though, the particular Radeon VII issue is:

"AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop"

This is the fastest card that they currently have, must have received a better support than this.

The new Software is great, but such services ^^^ are exactly what force users to switch to the green goblin with the black leather jacket.

Soldato
Guy is pretty right, though, the particular Radeon VII issue is:

"AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop"

This is the fastest card that they currently have, must have received a better support than this.

The new Software is great, but such services ^^^ are exactly what force users to switch to the green goblin with the black leather jacket.

Pay a visit at the RVII discussion how many have this issue.....

Associate
Dunno about the rest of you updating to these drivers but i did it and after the reboot my display was really badly lit with brightness and contrast. I was like omg they killed my display.. well ok they didnt but i thought somit had broke anyhow. Played about in settings for windows 10 but nope and then i tried a few things in amd controls and switching gpu scaling on fixed it, then turned scaling back off and still fixed so thats good. Not the nicest bug ive ever had from a driver update tho.

Edit - had to disable amd audio driver then rebooted and the same brightness bug came up. So back to gpu scaling on i guess.

I had similar issue, it made one of my displays super dark but changing the refresh fixed it.

Loving the new UI, the streaming and media section is my favourite. It is super fast now and even more nuts it uses less system resources than Radeon Settings did.

The new tuning is much better to work with now also and I hearing people getting great results now with auto OC

You can now even do a full driver wipe like DDU and keep your Radeon Software settings like sign-in info for Mixer etc or gaming settings you have setup.

Yea the auto OC is higher than my usual manual! anyway to see what it does with power limit % on auto, wondering if it sets it to 50%? becuase you can't access it while in auto mode.

Anyone figured out how to lock your P-State in the new software?

My OC reset this morning

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know why anisotropic filtering is disabled in all profiles rather than having option for "use application settings" like AA. Does disabled setting overide in-game setting?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Anyone know why anisotropic filtering is disabled in all profiles rather than having option for "use application settings" like AA. Does disabled setting overide in-game setting?

It's enabled for me.

Radeon-Settings.png

Associate
Has anyone else seen performance drop after installing 19.12.2? I lost 4 fps in Borderlands 3 after installing it and have reverted back to 19.12.1. I have a Vega 56 using a Wattman OC profile of 1637MHz/980MHz with 15% power limit. I had disabled all new features and only enabled settings on a like for like basis as per previous driver version.

Permabanned
Has anyone else seen performance drop after installing 19.12.2? I lost 4 fps in Borderlands 3 after installing it and have reverted back to 19.12.1. I have a Vega 56 using a Wattman OC profile of 1637MHz/980MHz with 15% power limit. I had disabled all new features and only enabled settings on a like for like basis as per previous driver version.

I see performance drop when Virtual Super Resolution and GPU Scaling are enabled. Disable them, and enable Radeon Boost with 50% Minimum Resolution.

Radeon Image Sharpening should also very slightly influence the framerate.

Associate
I see performance drop when Virtual Super Resolution and GPU Scaling are enabled. Disable them, and enable Radeon Boost with 50% Minimum Resolution.

Radeon Image Sharpening should also very slightly influence the framerate.

Boost, VSR and GPU scaling were all off (I dont really need Boost with the Vega 56 yet so not planning to use it). The test was for a like for like comparison of the 2 drivers using identical settings to see if AMD's claims of better performance were true. Alas it seems that they are not unless you enable some features which degrade image quality

Soldato
Sooo.. Installed the new drivers, opened up the software and it was locked down at my right corner on my right hand screen. After a bit of fiddling around (incl. doing a full DDU to remove any traces of old AMD drivers, which didn't help) it still persisted. Finally able to pull and drag the window to my main screen. But I can't seem to adjust the interface to a decent sized window. So it either full screen, or this which is the smallest I seem to be able to make out of it.

zM0Drfj.jpg

Ohh swell ! Just started it up again and it is back to my right hand screen, in full screen mode. If I click to restore the window down, it end up (after dragging it from the left hand side) spawning across all three monitors ! :mad:

Anyone else with multiple monitors that has similar problem ?? Would be grateful for any suggestions as to how to solve this !

Maybe @LtMatt have some suggestions ?? :confused:

Permabanned
Sooo.. Installed the new drivers, opened up the software and it was locked down at my right corner on my right hand screen. After a bit of fiddling around (incl. doing a full DDU to remove any traces of old AMD drivers, which didn't help) it still persisted. Finally able to pull and drag the window to my main screen. But I can't seem to adjust the interface to a decent sized window. So it either full screen, or this which is the smallest I seem to be able to make out of it.

zM0Drfj.jpg

Ohh swell ! Just started it up again and it is back to my right hand screen, in full screen mode. If I click to restore the window down, it end up (after dragging it from the left hand side) spawning across all three monitors ! :mad:

Anyone else with multiple monitors that has similar problem ?? Would be grateful for any suggestions as to how to solve this !

Maybe @LtMatt have some suggestions ?? :confused:

During its installation, the package on its own uninstalls the old drivers and software.

Back
Top Bottom