*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Resi 3 officially announced for Apr 3rd :cool:

Intrigued by Ghost of Tsushima. Full trailer at the Game Awards on Thursday night.

With FFVII, Cyberpunk, and TLOU2 all scheduled before the end of May, this gen is going out in style!
Awesome news. Indeed what an awesome lineup. I hope RE3 Remake sells well also so we can get Code Veronica Remake next :)

Associate
I hope the RE3 remake has proper black levels. Traded RE2 in as the black levels were terrible. HDR was just way off and SDR still wasn’t properly black. Not sure how reviews don’t properly pick this up. For a game that relies on atmosphere that is a deal breaker from me. RE2 was yet another disappointment for me in that regard. Does anybody know if this ever got fixed with a patch?

Soldato
I hope the RE3 remake has proper black levels. Traded RE2 in as the black levels were terrible. HDR was just way off and SDR still wasn’t properly black. Not sure how reviews don’t properly pick this up. For a game that relies on atmosphere that is a deal breaker from me. RE2 was yet another disappointment for me in that regard. Does anybody know if this ever got fixed with a patch?

I have just started re2. It looked really washed out - not just blacks but everything. Colours are dull and theres almost like a grey hue over everything. I tinkered with the game settings and couldnt get it any better. In the end I have had to change my tv settings to get it looking better but its still not great.

Perhaps the pallette has been a design choice? Either way it looks rubbish.

Associate
I have just started re2. It looked really washed out - not just blacks but everything. Colours are dull and theres almost like a grey hue over everything. I tinkered with the game settings and couldnt get it any better. In the end I have had to change my tv settings to get it looking better but its still not great.

Perhaps the pallette has been a design choice? Either way it looks rubbish.

Yeah I had the same experience. How reviews are t picking this up is criminal- especially DF. It’s happened on quite a few games over the past 18 months and really took the shine off gaming for me. I think once you’ve experienced really good HDR with proper deep black levels/not washed out etc then anything other just doesn’t cut it. RDR2 being a chief offender. Hopefully ps5 will not have this problem.

Soldato
Treated myself to a Death Stranding PS4 Pro console. On black Friday it was down from around 379 to 329. I hesitated and then it went back up to 379.

I went into the shop on Saturday, 379 take it or leave it. I asked if this was likely the best price and would it get cheaper before!/after Christmas. No plans for a further sale price was the answer. Then low and behold... Last night I saw it at 269. Glad I waited, the PS5 is too far off and I have games I want to play now.

Associate
Treated myself to a Death Stranding PS4 Pro console. On black Friday it was down from around 379 to 329. I hesitated and then it went back up to 379.

I went into the shop on Saturday, 379 take it or leave it. I asked if this was likely the best price and would it get cheaper before!/after Christmas. No plans for a further sale price was the answer. Then low and behold... Last night I saw it at 269. Glad I waited, the PS5 is too far off and I have games I want to play now.

I saw a similar situation on a deals website and they refunded the difference when they complained maybe worth trying.

Soldato
So after previous comments on sales for ps4 pro I came in here and saw talk of deals. So I wandered off and looked about.

Only gone and found myself a deal for £100 off rrp (including fifa 20) from a popular online and retail park based electronic consumer goods provider.

To make it better I had a £50 evoucher to apply from work as part of an incentive scheme.

£199 at the till.

I will also flog fifa and probably my original ps4 .

So all in all a relatively cost effective upgrade to tide me over on exclusives until ps5 :)

Merry Christmas! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom