Greta Thunberg

Soldato
Hitler and Stalin both got Time person of the year :D

Not sure they are great judges tbh

serveimage

Like the Nobel peace prize, its become a bit of a joke.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because it's about who is the most influential person of the year, not who is the 'best' person.

I'd say Hitler and Stalin were pretty good contenders for their years :p

Caporegime
Congratulations and well deserved, plus the cherry on the cakes is how all the right wing super-sensitives & bullies are going to rage :p

Can't think of anyone else who should get it.

Its great this movement is building momentum. It needs to be quicker. The alternative is very unpleasant.
It just shows how short sighted our economic model is. Very clever people know its coming but still pure profit and productivity comes first.
Someone is going to have the mess to clear up.

Going to be so much human displacement soon wonder how that will pan out

Soldato
Hitler and Stalin both got Time person of the year :D

Not sure they are great judges tbh

Like the Nobel peace prize, its become a bit of a joke.

Man... Don't you know that the "distinction" (not honour of) of being time person of the year (used to be man, now is person) is for the most newsmaker person of the year.... its not about being good or bad. Jesus wept.

Soldato
Man... Don't you know that the "distinction" (not honour of) of being time person of the year (used to be man, now is person) is for the most newsmaker person of the year.... its not about being good or bad. Jesus wept.

She wasn't even that though really. Or the most influential.

The year's biggest, on-going publicity stunt maybe.

Last edited:
Soldato
General public: "The stupid youth of the today don't care about anything"
Also general public: "**** that Greta Thunberg what a little self-entitled ***hole I wish she'd shutup yadda yadda boomer-speak etc."

Amazed at the hatred for her. She's shown to speak a lot of sense, in a ridiculously measured and articulated manner that most of her elders could only dream of. Good on her.

Caporegime
I think if she'd been born a millennia or two ago, in the Middle East, they'd probably have created a religion around her.

Soldato
Give us your shortlist of potential others then?

Edit: Show me the other person this year who has a thread so big as this on the forum for example.....

Boris for a start lol. Maybe it's just been a very slow year for influential people.

But as above. Definitely meme of the year.

Soldato
With my head in my hands.... that's home affairs.... Do you think there are threads as long as the Greta one, about boris, in other countries?

Whiny kid vs UK trade affairs. Hmm.... I wonder which one other world leaders pay most attention to to, hmm... I wonder.

Most of them couldn't even be arsed to show up for Greta's latest rant.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whiny kid vs UK trade affairs. Hmm....

Who cares about threads on social media, it's full of other whiny kids and virtue signallers hunting for "likes". They don't really influence anything.

Why are you bringing up social media? I don't really class forums as social media, it kinda predates social media really.

Anyway... is that the best you can do for the largest newsmaker/infulential of the year? Boris?

Last edited:
Soldato
Why are you bringing up social media? I don't really class forums as social media, it kinda predates social media really.

Anyway... is that the best you can do for the largest newsmaker of the year? Boris?

Larger than Greta. Neither of them are in the top 100 google hits though...

She is media hype which is basically just going to fade in to nothing. Then in 10 years we'll get stories like "whatever happened to Greta", with pictures of some 20s something who'd gone off the rails :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom