Titanfall 2 - have you seen its multiplatform?

Soldato
I use a headset and can always hear people running around. Surprised I haven't been called a cheater for suddenly turning on somebody when I hear them behind me.

I was using the Spitfire, CAR, Flatline and the EVA-8 without any problems the other night. I actually struggled with the Hemlok as it got a nerf.

Soldato
I downloaded it again the other day. Playing through the campaign for the third time; it really is excellent.
I jumped into MP for a couple of games and it's still great fun. Hopefully this being free on PS+ will boost the player numbers.

Same - I'm playing through SP on 1x and forgot how good the movement and gunplay were.

Was curious if there was still a player base as I played TF1 on PC and it died a death after a year.

TF2 seemed more popular but with Apex Legends out there I wondered if there was still a TF2 scene as Im not interested in BR games at all.

Soldato
Been playing MP today. Good fun. Not struggling to get into games either and the london data centre seems to work well. There were over 4500 players online when I joined multiplayer.

I have found it really hard on the eyes for some reason though. Played for an hour or so and decided to stop as my eyes were aching! Finding target aquisition harder than games like COD as well. Maybe its just the sheer amount of stuff happening on screen. Hit reg seems far better than COD though (reminded me of how good it was in Overwatch when I played that) and man its fast when you crank up some wall running combos. If anything its a bit faster than my aiming ability on pad!! :p

Thoroughly enjoyed it today. First time I have played online in months. I think BLOPS 4 was the last game I played online but I struggled to get a decent game. Instakill city on every map. By comparison TF2 has been far better today and its a 3yr old game!

Soldato
B
I have found it really hard on the eyes for some reason though.
By comparison TF2 has been far better today and its a 3yr old game!

I think it's hard on the eyes because of how fast it is. I'm 42 and sometimes struggle to keep up with what's happening, especially if I come up against a very good players who's got movement down to a tee.

This game is far better than any COD we've had since BO3(the last great COD IMO).

Soldato
I think it's hard on the eyes because of how fast it is. I'm 42 and sometimes struggle to keep up with what's happening, especially if I come up against a very good players who's got movement down to a tee.

This game is far better than any COD we've had since BO3(the last great COD IMO).

How have you found the new modern warfare? I am sorely tempted as its the only cod in recent years I havent caved in and bought. But I cant be bothered with the bs netcode and hitreg. After dropping £60 on a game i want it to play well and in my experience no recent cod releases have performed as well on release as they did in beta.

I have blops 4 and have barely touched it due to insta death lag. Picked up TF2 and 3 years in the online experience is far better.

I think you might be right with TF2 - just sensory overload! There are some damn fine players too, which makes it harder when they are zipping around on walls :p

Do you know if they have cross platform going on in the background in TF2? I read that in the new cod some game modes force pc/console players to play together, wondered if the same thing happens for TF2 given its age and reduced player numbers.

Soldato
How have you found the new modern warfare? I am sorely tempted as its the only cod in recent years I havent caved in and bought. But I cant be bothered with the bs netcode and hitreg. After dropping £60 on a game i want it to play well and in my experience no recent cod releases have performed as well on release as they did in beta.

It's OK I suppose. Nothing special. You still get all the usual COD BS going on with it.

Soldato
It's OK I suppose. Nothing special. You still get all the usual COD BS going on with it.

Ah I see. I'll pick it up in the bargain basement for the SP then.

Shame really - seems like they are heading in the right direction if they could only fix the bs connections. But i guess enough dedicated servers to support the playerbase is expensive and we cant have shareholders getting reduced dividends now can we?

Soldato
The game still isn't 100% on dedicated servers and you can actually connect to a player hosted match :eek::rolleyes:

Shocking. Activision have been around long enough that I do wonder why they dont have a pool of servers that the devs deploy their annual game onto. Lets face it a new cod every winter is as sure as christmas trees and santa so it isnt like it would be a business risk!

Back
Top Bottom