Is an Arctic freezer 34 any good

Associate
I noticed my Ryzen 5 3600x was hitting 70c under load albeit it was boosted to 4.4ghz. With boost off its sitting at 40c under load. As these temps are with the stock cooler would the Arctic freezer 34 single fan keep it cool?

As its christmas I dont have that much coin to throw about.

Many thanks for advance for any advice.

Kev

Soldato
Artic cooling make pretty good products, to be honest all my computers (including home servers) use Artic coolers, never known a fan to fail once. The freezer 34 will give better cooling then and be quieter compared to the stock CPU cooler. That cooler will be perfectly fine for mild overclocking, however heavy overclocking I would still invest in something better.

Soldato
Went for the arctic and bought a seperate fan, worked out as £25. I'm not bothered about the esports edition but a due fan option was nice hence the extra fan purchase.

I presume you mean an extra identical fan for push & pull ability? You then sync them on the PWM fan header. If so good choice, and will only benefit cooling.

Associate
OP
I presume you mean an extra identical fan for push & pull ability? You then sync them on the PWM fan header. If so good choice, and will only benefit cooling.

Yes got an identical fan, all should be here tomorrow. Bought 2 140mm as an exhaust at the top of the case, will test the new cooler before I add the fans.

The case is a coolermaster mb520 which isnt bad but wondering if the rtx2070 super is causing the extra heat. The only cooling I have is a single exhaust and 3 front fans.

Associate
OP
As I got my standard one for £20 and the extra fan for £6 its makes it cheaper, you can hardly see it so. Its now basically the same albeit silver, oh temps are massively down. Initially I removed the amd cooler and added mx2 but the temps stayed high, win win at the mo with temps at 45c under load

Soldato
oh temps are massively down.

As I mentioned in post above, the Arctic coolers are really good quality, good cooling and not that loud. I have workstation / custom servers and use the CO (continuous operation) fans that are dual ball bearing, but even their regular CPU coolers and fans are very good.

Associate
As I mentioned in post above, the Arctic coolers are really good quality, good cooling and not that loud. I have workstation / custom servers and use the CO (continuous operation) fans that are dual ball bearing, but even their regular CPU coolers and fans are very good.
I like my artic esport 34duo, I have had it since aug19 for my 3600 and I was impressed.

Back
Top Bottom