• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is this dodgy intel tricks

Caporegime
Intel? Hahahahaha. That was funny. Tell us another one. :D (Un)Fortunately for them, their OEM bribe budget alone is bigger than AMD's entire income stream. That's been the problem.

Now you're getting somewhere...

Intel's Staff: 110.000
Intel's revenue: $70bn
Intel's R&D spend: $14bn

AMD's Staff: 11.000
AMD's Revenue: $7bn
AMD's R&D spend: $1.4bn

So Intel are, quite literally 10X the size of AMD.

However, what do you think happens when Intel's revenue gradually moves to AMD? When AMD gradually starts eating Intel's lunch?

Intel are so fat they need everyones lunch to survive, Intel R&D and build their own processing fabs, that's expensive, it costs 10's of billions, Intel have lost their process lead, its so bad they can't get off 14nm properly, i put it to you they can't afford to stay ahead of the curve, AMD realized this decades ago which is why they sold their fabs.

TSMC are spending $20bn on just one new fab, that's more than Intel's entire R&D spend.
PS: AMD have doubled their revenue since Ryzen, that growth is accelerating.

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD should go end game 64 core mainstream. It will keep consumers at bay for a long time, sure intel will fix their node but AMDS chipset design allows them to stack cores non stop.

Associate
22nm 2/2 CPU in a world full of affordable 7nm CPUs.
By affordable you mean £175+ whereas these old chips will be aimed at nearer the £50 price point or maybe less, so they aren't even remotely competing against each other.
I expect they will be sold to 3rd World Countries and maybe niche areas!
Funny though. :D

Associate
Intel R&D and build their own processing fabs, that's expensive, it costs 10's of billions, Intel have lost their process lead, its so bad they can't get off 14nm properly, i put it to you they can't afford to stay ahead of the curve, AMD realized this decades ago which is why they sold their fabs.
I thought AMD sold their fabs along with the kitchen sink because they were close to bankruptcy due to mismanagement and terrible chip designs?

Permabanned
I thought AMD sold their fabs along with the kitchen sink because they were close to bankruptcy due to mismanagement and terrible chip designs?

No, AMD were close to bankruptcy because of intel not allowing anyone to compete with them. AMD will always remain under a threat of going under as long as their target of server market share is 20-25%, and intel actively uses all dirty tactics and strategies to block AMD's sales.

This is why I will always repeat - never buy intel and nvidia products!

Caporegime

March 2009 they sold it, you're right while AMD were not close to bankruptcy at this point their capital was dwindling, however AMD could not afford to run their own fabs since long before that.

Nor can Intel.

Soldato
No, AMD were close to bankruptcy because of intel not allowing anyone to compete with them. AMD will always remain under a threat of going under as long as their target of server market share is 20-25%, and intel actively uses all dirty tactics and strategies to block AMD's sales.

+1 AMD till i die

TrM

TrM

Associate

you’ve been so pro intel across these forums because of amd prices and the fact there ripping people off by fogging dead 6 core CPU’s also the 12 core is not a main stream part. 12 core is to expensive and that it sould be 250 pounds. You also admit that Your duel core Intel laptop is snappier and faster then your amd 2500u laptop.

you can’t have it allways and for people to believe what your peddling. Intel has dirty practise when it comes to buisness which company doesn’t? Intel snapdragon Apple Samsung amd Nvidia ibm dell Microsoft Sony. All have dirty tactics and all will do what ever then can to get ahead nothing new in intel or anyone else’s tactics.

it’s down to us to make our own mind up ok from informed decisions. Research and experiance 2 of the best tools we have to make a informative decision. Saying you won’t buy intel becouse of there practice when you knowingly have your whole duel core and quad core duo show that you have from other posts and that was at the height of intels down right dirty tactics

Permabanned
you’ve been so pro intel across these forums because of amd prices and the fact there ripping people off by fogging dead 6 core CPU’s also the 12 core is not a main stream part. 12 core is to expensive and that it sould be 250 pounds. You also admit that Your duel core Intel laptop is snappier and faster then your amd 2500u laptop.

you can’t have it allways and for people to believe what your peddling. Intel has dirty practise when it comes to buisness which company doesn’t? Intel snapdragon Apple Samsung amd Nvidia ibm dell Microsoft Sony. All have dirty tactics and all will do what ever then can to get ahead nothing new in intel or anyone else’s tactics.

it’s down to us to make our own mind up ok from informed decisions. Research and experiance 2 of the best tools we have to make a informative decision. Saying you won’t buy intel becouse of there practice when you knowingly have your whole duel core and quad core duo show that you have from other posts and that was at the height of intels down right dirty tactics

It isn't mine - it's just one work machine which I have access to.
Yes, the 12-core should have been 299 pounds.

What dirty practice does AMD have? Which other companies do they lead to bankruptcy? :confused:

TrM

TrM

Associate
It isn't mine - it's just one work machine which I have access to.
Yes, the 12-core should have been 299 pounds.

What dirty practice does AMD have? Which other companies do they lead to bankruptcy? :confused:

Amd have had quite a few over the years. From the problems with bulldozer to following intel with locking off x64 also there just as bad at keeping other players out of the whole desktop cpu space. Miss leading adverts for clock speed. Just to name a few of amd underhanded tactics to get ahead.

I said every company will use tactics to get sales that are underhanded misleading dodgy tactics to get ahead or stay ahead. Buisness has all-ways been and all-ways will be dirty and underhanded.

intel has the money and the influence to achieve any goal they set out to do if that’s changing how there products are reviewed or slides to show there benifits they will do it and get away with it.

And the whole price you don't agree with for amd anyhow like 479.99 for a 12 core cpu to me seems the right price i also think the launch price of the 3950x seemed right also but out of my price range i wanted to pay

Permabanned
I said every company will use tactics to get sales that are underhanded misleading dodgy tactics to get ahead or stay ahead.

So, you are attacking me for being criticising the company which I'm a loyal customer of, and then when I explain you that AMD has never used dirty practice, you begin to sound like an intel/nvidia supporter. Look, AMD's mistakes are due to mismanagement, not due to intentional goals to sabotage the competition, as is the case with both intel and nvidia. And this is why they pay billions of US $ of fines, while AMD in the worst case is just being sued by trolls, similar to how your company would be sued if the coffee cup doesn't state that the coffee may be hot. :D

TrM

TrM

Associate
So, you are attacking me for being criticising the company which I'm a loyal customer of, and then when I explain you that AMD has never used dirty practice, you begin to sound like an intel/nvidia supporter. Look, AMD's mistakes are due to mismanagement, not due to intentional goals to sabotage the competition, as is the case with both intel and nvidia. And this is why they pay billions of US $ of fines, while AMD in the worst case is just being sued by trolls, similar to how your company would be sued if the coffee cup doesn't state that the coffee may be hot. :D

i have said some of things amd has done that is underhanded and i have also said that intel have been underhanded and dirty and damn right naughty with things. nothing changes these facts. If you want to get ahead in buisness being nice won't get you far. Im not a intel/nvidia supporter im just anti buisness:)

Im not attacking you. im just bringing up your posts that have made you infamous on this forum. For a loyal customer your pritty terrible:)

My last 2 cpu's have been amd And non of the reasons for me buying is how good a company. my main reason for buying a cpu or any tech really is price and performance and thats currently amd. If intel is better on my next upgrade then great i will buy intel. If its still amd then my cpu upgrade will be amd.

And lastly whats this about coffee cups lol

Permabanned
i have said some of things amd has done that is underhanded and i have also said that intel have been underhanded and dirty and damn right naughty with things. nothing changes these facts. If you want to get ahead in buisness being nice won't get you far. Im not a intel/nvidia supporter im just anti buisness:)

Im not attacking you. im just bringing up your posts that have made you infamous on this forum. For a loyal customer your pritty terrible:)

My last 2 cpu's have been amd And non of the reasons for me buying is how good a company. my main reason for buying a cpu or any tech really is price and performance and thats currently amd. If intel is better on my next upgrade then great i will buy intel. If its still amd then my cpu upgrade will be amd.

And lastly whats this about coffee cups lol

Business requires maximising of profits and limiting the expenses/costs, which is exactly what AMD is doing right now by charging so much for the Ryzen 9 3900X.

If you were really "anti-business", you would agree that this particular semi-conductors production should be much more social because of the overall responsibilities of the companies directly for the human-race's development and progress.

Soldato
my main reason for buying a cpu or any tech really is price and performance and thats currently amd. If intel is better on my next upgrade then great i will buy intel. If its still amd then my cpu upgrade will be amd.

Surely there comes a time when you should choose a CPU for reasons other than price and performance?

Worst case scenario - Manufacturer A is slightly faster. Therefore, nearly everybody buys from manufacturer A. This leads to a 90% market share so they stop innovating and progress stops. Manufactuer B then has very little money for R&D to improve their product. Everybody is now suffering due to a stagnated market, all becasuse too many people bought from the same manfactuer.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Surely there comes a time when you should choose a CPU for reasons other than price and performance?

Worst case scenario - Manufacturer A is slightly faster. Therefore, nearly everybody buys from manufacturer A. This leads to a 90% market share so they stop innovating and progress stops. Manufactuer B then has very little money for R&D to improve their product. Everybody is now suffering due to a stagnated market, all becasuse too many people bought from the same manfactuer.

A product has to apeal to me. Take this generation of cpu. Amd 3900x and 9900k both was within my budget. I went with the 3900x becouse it offered the best performance for the price in what i needed. and i got it on launch day. i love my cpu and highly recommend to everyone who ask. But if you keep to a set budget and look at options in that range be it mid high or low end you ahve to make the choice for yourself. you cant worrie about a company or b company will fail or not be competive Its down to the company to make themself a viable option.

Associate
Semiaccurate - Intel’s benchmarking antics questioned
https://www.semiaccurate.com/2019/12/10/intels-benchmarking-antics-questioned/

“Intel is heavily cheating on benchmarks. They do it indirectly, with plausible deniability, and often through third parties many of whom don’t realize what they are doing”
“Of late Intel is not properly disclosing their compiler, library, and other influences, instead they are moving it to hard to find links that are not guaranteed to be there when you read the article in question.”
"Intel is infamous for supporting some instructions on some CPUs but not on others, fusing some ISAs off to cripple CPUs in order to add ‘value’ artificially to certain lines, and other similar feature set games."

Back
Top Bottom