Gorilla Glue?

Soldato
Their contact adhesive is pretty good but you gotta be careful it like expands, almost like that expanding foam.

It is very strong though better than other contact adhesives I've used.

As for super glue in my opinion the biggest difference is the date/how long it's been opened. Super glue goes off pretty quickly and gets much less effective.

Soldato
Good at what?
Most glues are designed for specific applications. Some are better at resisting shear force, others tension. PVA is best for soaking into wood, so will hold better than Gorilla, for example.

What do you need from it?

Soldato
I've only use the double sided clear tape and for me it does the job better than the others that I tried.

I do get though that it's marketing, but for me the tape worked. I'm sure there are other cheaper alternatives out there.

Associate
OP
The original looks like a lot of faffing about by youtube.

Dampen the surfaces to activate it then clamp it as it expands and then spend 20 mins wiping away the excess before it goes hard.

Soldato
I didn't go for it (std glue) because of that frothing, and it is not flexible, for the shoe/textile application, we most usually require ..
rather chose serious glue, to replace, failing, evo-stick impact.

I do not need to find a way of storing partially used tubes in a more air-tight manner though.

Back
Top Bottom