My dirty food secret.....

Soldato
I could have swore I read something about Sunpat not actually being peanut butter anymore on account of it not actually having butter in it.

Soldato
I could have swore I read something about Sunpat not actually being peanut butter anymore on account of it not actually having butter in it.
No nut butter of any kind is actual butter anyway, so the point is moot.

SunPat is one of (if not the) first UK brand of peanut butter.
Similarly, Skippy is one of the first brands ever invented.

Of the two I prefer Skippy, because the SunPat jar is piggin' awkward to scrape clean with a knife!
Must always be crunchy, though. Smooth is only for babies, dogs and fancy chef recipes.

Soldato
The best peanut butter is Sunpat crunchy.

Not quite. I've had this M & S peanut butter before and it's similar to Sunpat but even better.

front-en-26-full.jpg

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/food-reviews/g689041/crunchy-peanut-butter/

Associate
Skippy is definitely my most enjoyed but I will eat sunpat if needs be... I flip between smooth and crunchy depending on what I feel like at the time. Have tried all the more natural or healthier options but they taste like butt so I go back to the old faithfuls!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
OCUK never ceases to amaze, i was expecting to be derided on such a filthy secret.

Never knew it was one of the first peanut butter brands in the uk.

Never tried skippy, but good call on the shape of the jar.

You can shuv all your artisan peanut butters where the sun doesnt shine.

Caporegime
I love sunpat crunchy too, reminds me of my childhood, always used to have it on thin buttery toast for breakfast at boarding school. :p

Meridian organic is the worst I've tried.

Tesco own brand is surprisingly OK.

May have to switch to the cheaper "Stockwell" Tesco Value stuff instead as some in here seem to think its good!

Soldato
I love sunpat crunchy too, reminds me of my childhood, always used to have it on thin buttery toast for breakfast at boarding school. :p

Meridian organic is the worst I've tried.

Tesco own brand is surprisingly OK.

May have to switch to the cheaper "Stockwell" Tesco Value stuff instead as some in here seem to think its good!
You went to boarding school?!

This might be the biggest revelation since finding out you weren't 55 :p

Soldato
OCUK never ceases to amaze, i was expecting to be derided on such a filthy secret.
I might still deride you simply for thinking it was either filthy, and/or some kind of secret, though.... depends how my weekend goes.

How is common knowledge and celebrated fact in any way filthy or secretive??!!
It's not like you're talking about PB&Js with the crusts cut off, or anything...

Basically, so long as you avoid xylitol in peanut butter, it's generally acceptable IMO. It's then down to whether you will eat anything, or insist on the good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom