• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I think it looks pretty good, Looks like it'll use minimal desk space which is good, If I didn't have a PC I would buy it, but xbox exclusives will now be on PC.

If the PS5 came out with something similar, I would, but judging by how large the dev kit is, i'm not holding out much hope for it.
Dev kits generally look nothing like the consumer unit.

Associate
Actually, what would cost more?

Get a Xbox One Series X, or the money used on that get a GPU that is much better than that in the Series X when it's released?

Define much better? SX will be quite a beast. Like this will be the closest gap between console and pc yet. So think of an upgrade percent from this year's amd graphics card and next year's. That'll be the performance gap. Unless you go Nvidia, their won't be a much better performance. Even if you go Nvidia, their still won't be a huge gap.

Associate
So unless you get a £1000 GPU newer than the 2080Ti there isn't a performance gap really?

Nah I still think a 2080ti will be a decent bit better. But yeah, I think unless you're shelling out about £1k. Performance gap won't be as big ass some would like. If I was to pay twice as much as the console itself on a gfx card, I'd expect twice the performance. I don't think that will be possible.

Soldato
Nah I still think a 2080ti will be a decent bit better. But yeah, I think unless you're shelling out about £1k. Performance gap won't be as big ass some would like. If I was to pay twice as much as the console itself on a gfx card, I'd expect twice the performance. I don't think that will be possible.

So I guess the Series X will be around 500 quid, so really, it'd be hard for me to upgrade my 2070 Super in my PC with the fact I could spend less on a console and get better performance and quality?

Soldato
How far will they push Keyboard/Mouse compatibility with games this time? Would be interesting how many would move if all new games had kB and mouse option, always was completely hopeless with a pad for FPS

Man of Honour
How far will they push Keyboard/Mouse compatibility with games this time? Would be interesting how many would move if all new games had kB and mouse option, always was completely hopeless with a pad for FPS

There's never a big push as it wouldn't be enabled for online play.

When is holiday 2020 also, is that christmas, summer holidays or easter?

Christmas.

Soldato
Actually, what would cost more?

Get a Xbox One Series X, or the money used on that get a GPU that is much better than that in the Series X when it's released?

Nothing short of a 2080ti will be better. Especially since what's under that is gimped in terms of vram amounts.

So unless you get a £1000 GPU newer than the 2080Ti there isn't a performance gap really?

Exactly.

So I guess the Series X will be around 500 quid, so really, it'd be hard for me to upgrade my 2070 Super in my PC with the fact I could spend less on a console and get better performance and quality?

Yes, but remember consoles will run up the bill much more in the long run. True enough - upgrading GPU today is a very bitter pill to swallow because prices will crater with the new consoles. They have to.

MS is good on this front, they keep pushing the option more & more, but a lot of it is down to the devs. At least for MS Studios you can expect good M&KB support.

When is holiday 2020 also, is that christmas, summer holidays or easter?

Winter.

Soldato

Will be interesting to see, mouse and kb support on Modern Warfare is a game changer. It is much more enjoyable to play.

Soldato
Nothing short of a 2080ti will be better. Especially since what's under that is gimped in terms of vram amounts.

Exactly.

Yes, but remember consoles will run up the bill much more in the long run. True enough - upgrading GPU today is a very bitter pill to swallow because prices will crater with the new consoles. They have to.

MS is good on this front, they keep pushing the option more & more, but a lot of it is down to the devs. At least for MS Studios you can expect good M&KB support.

Winter.

Winter, so between now and then would mean treading very carefully, no GPU upgrade would be worthwhile.

Even considering what the new AMD / NV cards will have there is no guarantee these will be worthwhile due to console optimisation.

Associate
Winter, so between now and then would mean treading very carefully, no GPU upgrade would be worthwhile.

Even considering what the new AMD / NV cards will have there is no guarantee these will be worthwhile due to console optimisation.

It's still early days. New CPU's and gfx cards are always on the horizon. Wait and see what comes out and decide from there. I think your 2070s will still be great for a couple more years. By that time their should be a better and more worthwhile upgrade. But I do think the pc gaming master race could get quite the shock once these comes out.

Back
Top Bottom