Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
Yep, if set lower they will just never reach the setting on the thermostat (unless they go wrong).

i think you got that the wrong way round.

your thermostat temp should be higher than your controller

Eg, i use JBL heaters, the internal thermostat is set to 28 and the controller to 26.5, this means the heater will never go above 28 (summer temperature) and the controller keeps it between 26-27.

the way you have it the controller will be constantly trying to run the heater but the internal thermostat wont let it get to the set temperature.

Soldato
i think you got that the wrong way round.

your thermostat temp should be higher than your controller

Eg, i use JBL heaters, the internal thermostat is set to 28 and the controller to 26.5, this means the heater will never go above 28 (summer temperature) and the controller keeps it between 26-27.

the way you have it the controller will be constantly trying to run the heater but the internal thermostat wont let it get to the set temperature.

Yea it will keep the socket powered so the heater will manage itself. The thermostat will switch it off if it gets to hot.

Soldato
Yea it will keep the socket powered so the heater will manage itself. The thermostat will switch it off if it gets to hot.

whats the point in this?

the controller turns the heater on and off as required (the range is adjustable on my controller) the way you have it you just have the two fighting against each other. If you wanted to
Rely on the usually inaccurate internal thermostat you wasted your money on the controller

Soldato
whats the point in this?

the controller turns the heater on and off as required (the range is adjustable on my controller) the way you have it you just have the two fighting against each other.

It's meant as a failsafe in case the heater sticks on. Doing it the other way just means the controller will be switching the socket on and off instead.

Soldato
@NoobCannon
@rebel rebel

Hi guys

I have not heard from either of you regarding the tanks. I was wondering if you both are interested still. I need to move this stuff over the next week or so definitely before Xmas. I have refurbishing work to be done on the house and need the tanks gone.

if you don't want it, its no problem please just let me know.

thanks.

Soldato
@NoobCannon
@rebel rebel

Hi guys

I have not heard from either of you regarding the tanks. I was wondering if you both are interested still. I need to move this stuff over the next week or so definitely before Xmas. I have refurbishing work to be done on the house and need the tanks gone.

if you don't want it, its no problem please just let me know.

thanks.

Hi mate we've been trying to work out a day when we can both come. I've had some dialysis complications this week. I'll let you know later today one way or the other.

Soldato
Hi mate we've been trying to work out a day when we can both come. I've had some dialysis complications this week. I'll let you know later today one way or the other.

No problem mate, just let me know. I will be doing renovation work early very January and the tanks need to be gone by then really. The earlier the better for me because someone else wants the empty tanks and I can't give him the tank till the live stock gone.

Look after yourself you don't need stress In your condition, your health is more important than few corals. If for some reason neither of you want the stock please let me know early as possible.

please keep me informed.

thanks

Soldato
Brought myself the InkBird ITC - 306A Wifi last night.

I have an old 306 Controller on my current tank. They are good bits of kit and simple to set up.

But you do have to have the heaters turnt up higher than the temp on the Inkbird. For example my Inkbird is set to 27.5c. The heaters are turnt up to over 30c. The inkbird turns them on and off as needed, i've only ever seen the temp go upto 27.6c. Really good if you have two heaters as you'll never get them set the same with their own dials.

Soldato
Brought myself the InkBird ITC - 306A Wifi last night.

I have an old 306 Controller on my current tank. They are good bits of kit and simple to set up.

But you do have to have the heaters turnt up higher than the temp on the Inkbird. For example my Inkbird is set to 27.5c. The heaters are turnt up to over 30c. The inkbird turns them on and off as needed, i've only ever seen the temp go upto 27.6c. Really good if you have two heaters as you'll never get them set the same with their own dials.

Shhh, you cant tell people that!

Soldato
So... I was doing a bit of tank maintenance today and noticed I finally have bred some baby shrimp! 2 reds, 1 Black and a see through one are what I've spotted so far... I'm really happy as I've wanted them to breed since I started at the beginning of 2019.

I do seem to be getting like a oily substance floating on my water, doesn't seem to bother the fish but not sure what's causing it.

Soldato
So... I was doing a bit of tank maintenance today and noticed I finally have bred some baby shrimp! 2 reds, 1 Black and a see through one are what I've spotted so far... I'm really happy as I've wanted them to breed since I started at the beginning of 2019.

I do seem to be getting like a oily substance floating on my water, doesn't seem to bother the fish but not sure what's causing it.

Organic waste film, switch flow off lay paper towel on water and pull off.

Back
Top Bottom