• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Tightened down with my best b-die kit, GSAT stable.

Memory_OC.png

Associate
I'm a complete Ryzen noob, and I'm getting really confused with all the temperature readouts I'm seeing on my Asrock Aqua.

In the BIOS it's showing my 3950x CPU idling around an extremely high 60c, whilst HW Monitor is also showing that reading. However the Asrock A-Tuning software is showing my CPU idling at around 40, the motherboard temp is around 40c, the SB TSI CPU is around 50c whilst the SP TSI BIXBY is around 60c.

My liquid temps are only around 37, which considering it's over 30c today ambient isn't too bad.

I have no idea what I'm looking at here? :p

Last edited:
Associate
I'm a complete Ryzen noob, and I'm getting really confused with all the temperature readouts I'm seeing on my Asrock Aqua.

In the BIOS it's showing my 3950x CPU idling around an extremely high 60c, whilst HW Monitor is also showing that reading. However the Asrock A-Tuning software is showing my CPU idling at around 40, the motherboard temp is around 40c, the SB TSI CPU is around 50c whilst the SP TSI BIXBY is around 60c.

My liquid temps are only around 37, which considering it's over 30c today ambient isn't too bad.

OK, so looking in the BIOS when setting the PWM curve for my D5 pump, I noticed that I could set the temp to either the CPU temp or the TCTRL CPU temp. And after a little bit of digging on ASRock boards it seems the TCTRL temp is what other vendors see as the normal CPU temp? And that what ASRock call the CPU temp is actually something else?

Also is what Asrock calls the Motherboard Temp actually the chipset temp?

Soldato

Try hwinfo as that's usually pretty accurate.

Associate
Try hwinfo as that's usually pretty accurate.
OK, I've installed HWInfo, and this is what I get at idle:

CPU(Tctl/TDie) - Varies wildly bewteen 45c-55c)
CPU Die - Around 40-42c
CPU CCD1 - Around 40
CPU CCD2 - Around 40

Is there anything to be concerned about there? Keep in mind it is quite warm in Australia at the moment.

Edit: If I do a Cinebench R20 run the temps of all 4 of those above go to 72-77c.

Last edited:
Soldato
OK, I've installed HWInfo, and this is what I get at idle:

CPU(Tctl/TDie) - Varies wildly bewteen 45c-55c)
CPU Die - Around 40-42c
CPU CCD1 - Around 40
CPU CCD2 - Around 40

Is there anything to be concerned about there? Keep in mind it is quite warm in Australia at the moment.

Edit: If I do a Cinebench R20 run the temps of all 4 of those above go to 72-77c.

Looks fine to me considering the high ambient of the Aus summer.

Soldato
Had a play with a 3800x and whilst it performs a bit better than my 5820k, it's not night and day. I'm forced to go 3950x, ow dear, roll on Instock signs! :)

Associate
Over the years I have overclocked a few CPUs. However yesterday was the first time I have tried with a Ryzen and using Ryzen master. I am now having difficulty getting a stable system.

I have a 3600 with an aurous pro x570. In Ryzen master I could get to 4.225 at about 1.32v and was ok in Ryzen master stress testing. I was locking all cores and only changing the multiplier and vcore. however when stress testing with prime95 or even upon rebooting it kept crashing or doing the blue screen of death. I then even tried changing the multiplier to 42.25 and vcore to 1.43v in bios manually and could not get a stable system.

using hardware monitor at stock I see the 3600 briefly going to a max of 1.475v to give a max 4.175 - so to me it seems as if for my cpu that it briefly needs these high voltages. Note that when in games or stress testing hwm is typically 1.32v for 100% load.

any advice?
Yeah straight out of the box my 3600x would do 4.4 but it needed crazy volts, 1.487 was the highest i saw, but she is 4.25 @ 1.3125 now. sorry dude i am a bit of a noob when it comes to this, what i did in ryzen master was like you change frequency and adjust the voltage up to an acceptable level. i dont use prime though, prefer realbench.

Last edited:
Associate
Go for the 4.3Ghz. 1.35v is fine, hell my 3600 runs at 1.38v stock under all core load. You should try tightening them ram timings up, that will give you more of a performance boost in stuff like games over a few Mhz on the core.
yeah finally got around to it today. using the ryzen dram calculator 3600 safe profile. am going to either try and get 3600 @ c14 or 3800 @ c16 when i am off at xmas but for now this will do. gained 5 points in r20 which gave me a score of 3857.
dEX28m7.jpg.png

Associate
yeah finally got around to it today. using the ryzen dram calculator 3600 safe profile. am going to either try and get 3600 @ c14 or 3800 @ c16 when i am off at xmas but for now this will do. gained 5 points in r20 which gave me a score of 3857.
dEX28m7.jpg.png
if you got b-die , 3600MT with c14-15-14-28-42 defo achievable

Back
Top Bottom