Do I need a graphics bolster

Soldato
We need more information:
  • Main usage
  • Games you play/want to play
  • Monitor res/refresh (do you plan to upgrade soon)
  • Rest of your spec

Soldato
I think he might mean a support bracket or similar.

I'm not sure that English is this guys first language, so there's probably a bit of a communications barrier.

@OP: If you're worried about card droop (as in bending in the socket due to weight) I doubt it has much if any impact outside of perhaps not looking that good.

Soldato
I think he might mean a support bracket or similar.

I'm not sure that English is this guys first language, so there's probably a bit of a communications barrier.
You may be right - browsed previous posts - post #3 seemed flippant, but is explained away if it's his second second language.

@Xystophori - Re GPU support: as above but if you're really concerned you can easily make a homemade solution. But if your card is securely screwed/fixed it should be fine.

Or, there's options like this:

Permabanned
PowerColor Power Jack V1 and V2 VGA holders is what you are asking about but V1 is hard to find these days (try 2nd hand on EB).

V1
41-Oq-Qjp-HU7-L-SX466.jpg

V2
GX192-PC-180588-800x800.jpg

V2: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-power-jack-v2-vga-holder-gx-192-pc.html

Soldato
When my GPU was sagging it caused the RGB to cycle through all the colours and the only way to stop it was to prop it up.

I just used some water tube to make my own.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £5.73 (includes shipping: £2.74)​

At the time you could get black tube for the same price. Just cut it to size (i added a couple mm to be sure) and put some tape on the ends so it does not scratch anything.

Cheap as chips and works a treat. :)

Back
Top Bottom