My dirty food secret.....

Soldato
Yes, until it gave me an arrhythmia! Turns out you can have too much of a good thing!

Also peanut butter on crumpets. Thank me later.

I believe it, to be honest I do not have them often and when I do it's generally when I'm going out, and I'll have a couple but not too many.

I definitely wouldn't want to get drunk on it.

Soldato
Blue WKD.
does this have some merit as a drink -google tells me its fruit juice flavoured vodka - - that adolescents drink for the colour/fancy-marketting.

Meridian - no btdtgtp

tried Meridian Smooth Almond Butter, as a result of this thread a year ago ... disappointing flavour/texture ... but I don't have that diy reference point.

Supermarket shopping (itv?) tv programme this week, the Lidl peanut butter won versus meridian/selfridges and home made.

other news ...

https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/vegan-marmite-peanut-butter-launching-uk

Soldato
Not quite. I've had this M & S peanut butter before and it's similar to Sunpat but even better.

front-en-26-full.jpg

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/food-reviews/g689041/crunchy-peanut-butter/
This is the best peanut butter on earth.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Marmite & bannana on toast mmmm for some reason its ends being a mild curry flavour nom nom nom

Soldato
does this have some merit as a drink -google tells me its fruit juice flavoured vodka - - that adolescents drink for the colour/fancy-marketting.
It tastes like an alcoholic panda pop, to be fair they don't taste too bad but are pretty sweet. They used to be in fashion with the youths of the day 10 odd years ago but it's not that popular anymore.

Soldato
Well it's better than Blue Curacao, but the only merit is if you're having a Star Trek themed **** up and need some Romulan Ale...

Soldato
The best peanut butter is Sunpat crunchy.

Sorry, but all commercial peanut butter sucks.

Just roast some peanuts yourself and stick them in a blender. Add a pinch of salt, maybe a bit of honey if you're feeling indulgent. Blend for 5-10 minutes. Keep some aside to roughly chop separate if you want crunchy.

You're welcome.

Soldato
Sorry, but all commercial peanut butter sucks.

Just roast some peanuts yourself and stick them in a blender. Add a pinch of salt, maybe a bit of honey if you're feeling indulgent. Blend for 5-10 minutes. Keep some aside to roughly chop separate if you want crunchy.

You're welcome.

Isn't there some health risk with making your own from raw peanuts through roasting to butter? Can't remember the specifics but can be a bit sketchy.

Soldato
Isn't there some health risk with making your own from raw peanuts through roasting to butter? Can't remember the specifics but can be a bit sketchy.

I'm not aware of anything real. It doesn't last as long as processed stuff, but a) I'd expect that, as it doesn't have any preservatives in it, and b) I've kept homemade for 1-2 months without it going bad.

Tastes so much better, I can live with it!

Soldato
I'm not aware of anything real. It doesn't last as long as processed stuff, but a) I'd expect that, as it doesn't have any preservatives in it, and b) I've kept homemade for 1-2 months without it going bad.

Tastes so much better, I can live with it!

I might give it a shot over xmas, sounds good.

Come to think of it, I think it was actually on these forums i'd read something. Someone was making their own nut butter a few years back and they made a point about the health risk when roasting. Will see if I can search it out.

Back
Top Bottom