*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Permabanned
Hello
Has anyone got this new IKEA desk yet. Looks good and at 2 metres I could get my PC on there and some decks/mixer. Whaddayathink?

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/linnmon-alex-table-black-brown-blue-s29304020/

Although I probably dont need drawers. So maybe

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/linnmon-adils-table-black-brown-black-s49001965/

I have the oak version with the oak draws to go with it! I also have a new monitor custom made riser. These desks are fab for the price! I paid £95 all in then £12 for the custom monitor stand all from ikea.

Associate
I have the oak version with the oak draws to go with it! I also have a new monitor custom made riser. These desks are fab for the price! I paid £95 all in then £12 for the custom monitor stand all from ikea.

Nice. I dont really need the draws as I have plenty of storage already. So I'm going to get just the table top and legs. I cant see the oak version on IKEA. Do you have a link?

Permabanned
Nice. I dont really need the draws as I have plenty of storage already. So I'm going to get just the table top and legs. I cant see the oak version on IKEA. Do you have a link?

If I where you put one side draws and remove something else from your room. This desk is amazing with the side draws. Some people have one side (like me) and others have two side configuration and some only have the legs. This desk setup is so universal!

Soldato
Bit of a shuffle around. Still a touch more tidying to do and I want to swap out the old OCUK gaming surface for a new one as it looks tatty in these pictures.

Before:
48874600372_8342844693_c.jpg

48874403051_a9cf6a3919_c.jpg

After:
48874406831_a66daaea18_c.jpg

48874603902_cc07c19549_c.jpg

Soldato
Minor tweaks to "office"

My setup:

sGCzIANl.jpg

Moved back to air after a run with custom water cooling. Too much of a faff as I move components around a lot (although was awesome from a temperature perspective).

Seriously it looked like this only a few days ago:

CxIvR23l.jpg

My wife's setup:

vWrmqOxl.jpg

Main changes are addition of Dragons (!), Serenity and a Radeon 5700.

(Also test bench sneaks into view)

HTPC (undergoing maintenance):

gy3jAOUl.jpg

Hidden out of site is an OG Nvidia Titan which may or may not get quite hot... :p

Soldato
Minor tweaks to "office"

My setup:

sGCzIANl.jpg

Moved back to air after a run with custom water cooling. Too much of a faff as I move components around a lot (although was awesome from a temperature perspective).

Seriously it looked like this only a few days ago:

CxIvR23l.jpg

My wife's setup:

vWrmqOxl.jpg

Main changes are addition of Dragons (!), Serenity and a Radeon 5700.

(Also test bench sneaks into view)

HTPC (undergoing maintenance):

gy3jAOUl.jpg

Hidden out of site is an OG Nvidia Titan which may or may not get quite hot... :p

Is that the Gerton table top? Looks good with the black.

Associate
My setup consist of a primarily vintage industrial styled space.

My gaming rig is inside the cabinet of a 1939 German Radio made by Graetz. I just wanted something a bit unique and different. Overall I'm very pleased with it. I also use an Azio typewriter keyboard made from Nickel and leather. Perhaps not the most ergonomic, but it certainly looks the part and I'm use to it now.

Car on the background is a recent addition its my new VW Polo GTI which was delivered back on 6th December. What a machine that is.

Vintage Hifi is also another huge hobby of mine and at the other side of the room my space looks like this.

Associate
oooh i do like that! would be interested in seeing more of the radio rig insides etc :D

would be cool if you could somehow diy a wooden effect on your monitor bezel just to make it look vintage like the other stuff

Soldato
I love having a dedicated room for just my pc now, finally after 7 years I decided to buy the Corsair 540 and I’m so glad I did, wanted one for years but always went for either Full/Mid tower cases. Awesome to work with, loads of room inside too.

Just need to tidy the cables and add some art to the walls to fill the room out.

Zwk5LDvh.jpg

Associate
My setup consist of a primarily vintage industrial styled space.

My gaming rig is inside the cabinet of a 1939 German Radio made by Graetz. I just wanted something a bit unique and different. Overall I'm very pleased with it. I also use an Azio typewriter keyboard made from Nickel and leather. Perhaps not the most ergonomic, but it certainly looks the part and I'm use to it now.

Car on the background is a recent addition its my new VW Polo GTI which was delivered back on 6th December. What a machine that is.

Vintage Hifi is also another huge hobby of mine and at the other side of the room my space looks like this.

What an amazing collection, it needs a post of its own! Love the radio under the monitor, also using an old bakelite, rotary phone as a daily house phone (albeit not as old as your phone). Loving the ring when someone calls but takes an age to dial out. :D

The sunburst clock (not sure of its real name) takes me back when visiting my Grandparents. Would like one now!

How do you power it all up, did you refurb, and where did you source some of the collection? Been after a flip clock for ages! Had one as my alarm back in the day, but they seem rare nowadays or cheap versions... After the real version.

P.S. Congrats on the car.

Last edited:
Associate
What an amazing collection, it needs a post of its own! Love the radio under the monitor, also using an old bakelite, rotary phone as a daily house phone (albeit not as old as your phone). Loving the ring when someone calls but takes an age to dial out. :D

The sunburst clock (not sure of its real name) takes me back when visiting my Grandparents. Would like one now!

How do you power it all up, did you refurb, and where did you source some of the collection? Been after a flip clock for ages! Had one as my alarm back in the day, but they seem rare nowadays or cheap versions... After the real version.

P.S. Congrats on the car.

thank you very much. Where would be the best subsection to post?

Back
Top Bottom