What watch do you wear?

Associate
Not sure if its anyone's thing on here but I put together this video as part of my Scottish Watches project a few weeks back. A chat with an enthusiast turned dealer in Edinburgh. The guy you dont see much of is Rick and he's camera shy - just before people quiz why he's half out of shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jqT8ta3T6Y

If you like that sort of thing then I've got a podcast too you might like - http://www.scottishwatches.co.uk/category/podcast/

Have a good one folks!

R

Caporegime
Dan Henry 1970 - new version with improved lume. 40mm, compressor style case with internal bezel, 200m WR, Seiko NH35 auto movement.

Came with a rubber strap but I'm not a fan of rubber so swapped it over to a NATO, I love it.

ZSynyAL.png

Nice!

I've been thinking about the '62 in blue. I have to say though those colours look great. How long did it take to arrive from Germany?

Associate
I have a lightly modded 007, I wear it quite a bit. Domed saphire, display back, etc. Also the chunky leather band. I had bought quite a few other bits to try, but never got around to it as yet.
icnIl40.jpg
6md37rE.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nice!

I'm looking at something like this personally, love the hands. I can mod something like this myself and still be confident with the water resistance afterwards, just buy the mod parts and go from there:

rps20191215_123708_031.jpg

Soldato
It's been years since I've worn a watch, but I'm trying to get out of the habit of pulling my mobile out to check the time, how well regarded are Tissot automatics?
I quite like the look of the 1853 Le Locle powermatic 80.

Associate
I'm beginning to think that watch ownership may be addictive.... Having bought the Visodate earlier this year I've found myself doing more and more window-shopping - not that I'm unhappy with the Tissot, but there are so many lovely watches...;)

I was quite taken the other day by the Hamilton Khaki Scuba (www.hamiltonwatch.com/en-gb/h82345941-khaki-scuba.html) - not oversized for my (slim) wrists, not too thick either and (to my eye) very attractive. Do any of you own this watch and care to share your opinions please?

Associate
My 1989 Date Just has just died and I have zero funds to have it repaired so I am back to my trusty Steinhart Nav-B Chrono ii which I'm running on a blue Hirsch strap. I'll have to get some pics up on here :)

Don
My 1989 Date Just has just died and I have zero funds to have it repaired so I am back to my trusty Steinhart Nav-B Chrono ii which I'm running on a blue Hirsch strap. I'll have to get some pics up on here :)

totally died? if so prob main spring on one of those, not a big job

Associate
totally died? if so prob main spring on one of those, not a big job

Yeah it's dead :( won't wind, turning the crown to wind the hands judder every few turns but not much else. The date where has been slightly off centre (vertically not horizontally) for a while as well so need to get that looked at. It's a lovely watch but it's going to have to live in a box till after Xmas. :mad:

thanks for the info

Alex

Back
Top Bottom