Insomnia

Soldato
First....

Now that's out of the way...:)

How many other species (If any) experience insomnia because they have things on their minds that
prevent them from settling and keep them awake?

Soldato
I'm bad for it. I've honestly never properly recovered from leaving home to uni in 1994. You go from a structured family/school environment getting your proper sleep every night for years to a 'are you going out for a few drinks tonight' environment. Do that for a few years, going to bed at all hours and it can destroy your body clock for good.

I never sleep properly I sometimes don't get any sleep due to my mind being on something and am destroyed the next day.

Soldato
I wouldn’t say I had severe insomnia, but I am a terrible sleeper. I’ve been put on some oral steroids for Crohn’s disease recently as well and they are definitely making it difficult to sleep.

I’ve ended up taking those super strong anti histamines to knock me out and they’re working well.

Soldato
Yea I don't sleep great. Find I can get to sleep well enough, I normally don't go to bed that late 10/10:30pm normally and I need to get up at 6:30am for work.

I'll sleep till anywhere from midnight to 3am, then wake up in the night with my mind flying through all sorts and it'll keep me up for most of the rest of the night.

If I wake up anywhere past about 4am I'll generally just get up because I'll know I'll just lie there otherwise.

Man of Honour
The one that gets me is if I have to be up earlier than usual - absolutely can't switch off then usually get no sleep or an hour near the end max.

I've had very disrupted sleeping much of my life but not so much insomnia as such.

Soldato
Yea I don't sleep great. Find I can get to sleep well enough, I normally don't go to bed that late 10/10:30pm normally and I need to get up at 6:30am for work.

I'll sleep till anywhere from midnight to 3am, then wake up in the night with my mind flying through all sorts and it'll keep me up for most of the rest of the night.

If I wake up anywhere past about 4am I'll generally just get up because I'll know I'll just lie there otherwise.
this is me also ,getting to sleep very easy ,my kindle just falls out of my hands but always wake up with my mind going everywhere

Soldato
I'm bad for it. I've honestly never properly recovered from leaving home to uni in 1994. You go from a structured family/school environment getting your proper sleep every night for years to a 'are you going out for a few drinks tonight' environment. Do that for a few years, going to bed at all hours and it can destroy your body clock for good.

I never sleep properly I sometimes don't get any sleep due to my mind being on something and am destroyed the next day.

As above -I slept like a log for years till day I got married and moved out and I have never had a good night since. - Doc will only give me 4 sleeping pills to last me a month - so really one good night a week.

I could cope with it till about 6-7 yrs ago but now it's really catching up and most days I feel it - 45 yrs of sleepless nights is no fun..

Soldato
I had a job when I was a teenager that rotated shifts. One week 6am - 2pm the next 2pm - 10pm. My body clock has never recovered.
I'm having trouble sleeping and 5 years ago quit a job where I did about 4 years of permanent nights (5 days a week). Part of me feels like I should go back and sue them because (a) it was never supposed to be permanent, we were supposed to rotate shifts and (b) it's obviously done damage to my sleeping :(

Back
Top Bottom