Resident Evil 2 (REMake 2) PS4/XB1

Soldato
Slightly confused started Claire campaign after finishing leon, however I seem to start right in police station, did they remove the gun shop bit? In the original that's were you ended up first am sure of it

If you've finished Leon's campaign you should remember the point where you found the gun shop. .

Soldato
If you've finished Leon's campaign you should remember the point where you found the gun shop. .
I do remember it from leons bit, I'm just 100% sure clairs started with you going there first, as it stands I've had the same cut scene between the fence, and in the save room near were you can go into the basement where all the dogs are

Soldato
Im playing through this at the moment. Just started Ada's part on my first play through with Leon.

Im enjoying it overall but Mr X is getting on my nerves and it is a game dynamic I am not overly impressed with. But meh, I can live with it.

I haz 4090!
Don
Im enjoying it overall but Mr X is getting on my nerves and it is a game dynamic I am not overly impressed with. But meh, I can live with it.

I feel the same about the Mr X mechanic. It removes some of the slow, tense exploring that I like doing in RE. Let me explore the mansion and get the tension from the spooky environment and the zombies / lickers. :(

Associate
They should have only had him on scenario b imo.
I liked how the original RE2 was, Mr. X would pop only on scenario B and not scenario A. This time i didn't feel like playing all A and B scenarios for each character as there was not much difference.
Also Mr. X would pop too much, yes it is scary and adds tension but thats why scenario B is there for..

Don't get me wrong RE2 remake is a masterpiece and is the definition of what a remake is in my mind and I loved every moment playing it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I liked how the original RE2 was, Mr. X would pop only on scenario B and not scenario A. This time i didn't feel like playing all A and B scenarios for each character as there was not much difference.
Also Mr. X would pop too much, yes it is scary and adds tension but thats why scenario B is there for..

Don't get me wrong RE2 remake is a masterpiece and is the definition of what a remake is in my mind and I loved every moment playing it.
Yeah same I enjoyed it. But I do think it could have been a bit better. Certain things they changed a little too much for my liking. But it is done now and overall I am happy they remade it. Though I think the original Remake as remakes goes was done better.

I really liked how you could take or leave the inventory expansion in a locker for the other playthrough. I would have expanded on stuff like that for starters.

The good thing about way things turned out now is it feels like a different game and I can still go back and play the original still and enjoy that.

Associate
Yeah same I enjoyed it. But I do think it could have been a bit better. Certain things they changed a little too much for my liking. But it is done now and overall I am happy they remade it. Though I think the original Remake as remakes goes was done better.

I really liked how you could take or leave the inventory expansion in a locker for the other playthrough. I would have expanded on stuff like that for starters.

The good thing about way things turned out now is it feels like a different game and I can still go back and play the original still and enjoy that.
The original remake on Gamecube was a masterpiece. I loved that they added content to it and extra baddies etc. Made it feel like a completely new game.

This one had new elements but I felt that I have done this on re2 and missing some elements. Just those damn A and B scenarios why was it bad to keep the old system.. Oh well, RE1 and RE2 were my favorite back then so have high standards for any remake after the originals came out. But still a great game and deserves ownership.

Man of Honour
The whole “things chasing you that don’t die” is scary but for most it’s just that enjoyable as a game mechanic. You’re not watching a film, you’re playing a game. When playing a game it’s enjoyable when the baddest mofo in the room (once you have skilled up / got in some practice and strategy) is you. Where there is something that you can never kill constantly on your ass it causes a natural anxiety that ultimately isn’t very fun.

Despite that, I really did enjoy this remake. Please, please, please remake 4 from the ground up with this level of graphics etc.

Soldato
Completed this finally with Leon and Claire, both first and second runs, all on normal. With the lockdown now in place I was preparing to put in some shifts and try to unlock some of the infinite ammo weapons, in the end I noticed you can just pay £1.99. Have now started the game in hardcore mode with infinite ammo weapons unlocked, should be fun .

Soldato
I've started this again last night on the Series S - Ray Tracing is an option which looks lovely. Assuming the S version can have high frame rate too but I don't have the equipment to test this

Back
Top Bottom