• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i9-10X processor availablity?

Permabanned
The OP asks about the CPU's availability so why does humbug need to spam every Intel thread with those same cherry picked charts? :confused:

Now I do not know the answer for the OP so my post is not adding anything but it is not spamming with junk and I like to read through certain topic that interest me but not see those chart outside a proper benchmark thread.

Associate
Put a PCIe 4 Drive on that system, then you will see a difference, only Intel don't have PCIe 4, they are still stuck on PCIe 3.

Nothing raiding a few NVMe drives won't sort, benefit of doing that with PCIe 3 drives is they are cheaper and you have more space for your money, the whole point of RAIDing and why I value lanes :) I've had > than PCIe 4 speed since 2017 :p :) ;)

I've made my choice on platform now though, going to stick with my x399, I have no need for TRX40, its' too much for me and whilst I think I can make an Intel 10920x system faster than anything on x399 for my purposes, it is more of a side grade really, so have picked up a cheap 2xxx to drop in my current system to tide me over until next cycle/set of price drops.

The boards on TRX40 look like cracking value, better than what is on offer for x570 but those chips :o I need a smaller/cheaper one.

Shame AMD decided to unnecessarily drop x399 support with TR3. :(

Last edited:
Associate
7nm chips drop in old epyc boards without pcie4, 7nm drop in old am4 boards without pcie4, why would they not drop in to x399, it was a choice to go big, I'm sure there could have quite easily had been a chip that worked on x399, how much better would a 3950x be on a proper platform.

Anyway, what's done is done, I will probably cave next year if a new GPU drops, once I have to rebuild my water setup I am more inclined to replace everything and go through the hassle of changing host IDs/licenses etc.

By then we will know what the full 10x series offers and there should be some reviews/user experience to go on. At that point as I have to replace everything my money is going to whatever gives me best bang for buck in my budget, that will probably be Intel.

Last edited:
Associate
7nm chips drop in old epyc boards without pcie4, 7nm drop in old am4 boards without pcie4, why would they not drop in to x399, it was a choice to go big, I'm sure there could have quite easily had been a chip that worked on x399, how much better would a 3950x be on a proper platform.

Anyway, what's done is done, I will probably cave next year if a new GPU drops, once I have to rebuild my water setup I am more inclined to replace everything and go through the hassle of changing host IDs/licenses etc.

By then we will know what the full 10x series offers and there should be some reviews/user experience to go on. At that point as I have to replace everything my money is going to whatever gives me best bang for buck in my budget, that will probably be Intel.

In your case, prolly be saving at least 500£ going intel. Bang for buck and intel in same sentence. lol

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It seems ~16, maybe 18. the 12 core 3900X is some way behind the 16 core + CPU's which in turn is faster than the much higher clocked 9900K, beyond that its just clock speed, the 4.9Ghz 10980XE tops the cart but only by 0.01, good luck running that at 4.9Ghz in the real world. :D

Mine runs fine at 5Ghz on water cooling. :D

RSR

RSR

Soldato
reviewers generally overclocked thee to 4.6ghz during their reviews and that showed insane power draw of 400w+

how do you get 5ghz or higher on water

Easy, a lot of tweaking.

From memory mine does 5Ghz @ 1.30 vCore which on a AVX loads hits 80c ~, I can push it even higher on non AVX loads which is hugely impressive and I know of another one that does 5Ghz 1.290.

I have seen 1000w+ during some 3D Mark benchies but that's also with a KPE card.

Caporegime
Easy, a lot of tweaking.

From memory mine does 5Ghz @ 1.30 vCore which on a AVX loads hits 80c ~, I can push it even higher on non AVX loads which is hugely impressive and I know of another one that does 5Ghz 1.290.

I have seen 1000w+ during some 3D Mark benchies but that's also with a KPE card.

One Thousand Watts Plus, that's insane. as if you're going to be running high stress workloads day in day out pulling as much power as a 1950's bar heater.

Soldato
The same reviewers also got 4.3/4.4ghz out of 3950x, can I expect higher on mine if I spend time tuning it?

No. Because Zen2 what you see is what you get, there's no legroom. I'm getting around 4.3/4.4 with per ccx oc.

Easy, a lot of tweaking.

...MOAR

Permabanned
Easy, a lot of tweaking.

cJlBUVL.gif

Now that's what I call proper Overclocking setup. I remember running my 980ti with board mods hitting 480=520 wats on furmark :D

Sadly 3900x not hungry enough max i had it to pull 240w :( at elst psu's fan does not turn on :D

Doop us a photo of cooling setup :) cause im sitting on 1080 radiator surface. You got more ??

Soldato
I wish the UK reacted to politics the same way this thread does, like instantly educating people on what's the best option, and everyone agrees because it's based on facts :rolleyes::D

AMD = Labour ;)

And yeah dude, buy an Ryzen 3 because, well, facts.

Soldato
I have seen 1000w+ during some 3D Mark benchies

10980xe recommended cooler

0iz5vlfs30541.png

Back
Top Bottom