Which network has the fastest 4G network?

Soldato
Remember that the indicated service strength is for the serving cell’s Pilot Channel which exists alley as a network reporting datum.

You can have full service indication, but no actual connection capacity at all because the Pilot Channel is just a beacon and carries no traffic.

Associate
I was just curious which network had the fastest 4G network? I have contracts with Virgin Mobile (I got it for free when I signed up to their business broadband) and Vodafone (they give me a signal in places Virgin Mobile does not work).

I have unlimited everything on Vodafone and am using it as a mobile hotspot while being in hospital but I seem only to get a maximum of 3MB/sec, which seems a bit slow to me. Is there a network with faster 4G?

I realise that 5G is soon going to be upon us, but I doubt it will be ready in any of the areas I go to regularly, so it isn't worth considering.

all Voda unlimited plans have 3 tiers, two capped one unlimited speeds, The caps are 2meg, 10 meg and uncapped. I can only assume your on a capped plan as I've never got below 30 meg wherever I go and normally get around 60 to 80 down and 10 up. Why don't you just go on the app or call them up to see which plan you are on.

Soldato
OP
all Voda unlimited plans have 3 tiers, two capped one unlimited speeds, The caps are 2meg, 10 meg and uncapped. I can only assume your on a capped plan as I've never got below 30 meg wherever I go and normally get around 60 to 80 down and 10 up. Why don't you just go on the app or call them up to see which plan you are on.

I did a speed test when I was back in my home town and got nearly 100Mbit/sec down and 10Mbit/sec up but when ever I use my phone as a hotspot it seems I don't get the full speed which is really annoying. So I don't think I'm on one of the capped plans.

Soldato
This definitely.

I work in Croydon and when I wait at East Croydon station I have full 4 bars of data signal but my actual speed is less than 1mb which is abysmal. 30 seconds on the train outside of the station and it's back to about 20-30mb. It's perma-congested at East Croydon.

I feel like this is mainly a 3 problem. Whenever I am in a heavily populated area the data is either abysmally slow or just completely stopped, but the gf has no such problem on voda. Wish I could leave 3 but they are the only network with signal at all at work.

Associate
I feel like this is mainly a 3 problem. Whenever I am in a heavily populated area the data is either abysmally slow or just completely stopped, but the gf has no such problem on voda. Wish I could leave 3 but they are the only network with signal at all at work.

Why dont you go with EE for example and use wifi calling when at work?

Back
Top Bottom