• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
I hope you took notice and have disabled Enhanced Sync yes as per AMD latest news update update yes?

Btw for me these drivers are the best for my 5700XT AE. Got 6% clock for clock more performance out of them, allowing me to reduce clocks & voltage even further (1800Mhz/930mv now) to drop the temps sub 65C constantly, sipping less than 130W (40% lower power consumption) with 10% lower fan speed than the default curve (which was quiet either way).

I went and ran the uninstaller that comes with the driver installer and noticed that it said uninstall 19.12.1. So something had surely gone wrong during the first install. I ran the AMD uninstaller and sure enough errors and it couldn't do it 100%. DDU'd and reinstall the b450 chipset and then the 19.12.2 and now everything is fine again. 8-10 hours of gaming and no issues at all. So for now I will note it down as a bugged install and not an actual driver issue.

Last edited:
Associate
ah ok cheers mate, ive submitted a report, hopefully they will get it resolved. :)
for anyone having issues with unreal4 based games, i found a solution which resolves the problem on 12.19.2, until amd get it sorted.

1. Extract older driver (one which was working before i still had 19.11.1 on my HDD)
2. Find the atidxx64.dll probably located => C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.11.1-Nov4\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B348293
3. Copy/Paste it to the game location where snooker 19 is installed... Important !! drop it where the Game EXE is located its called *Unreal-Win64-Shipping.exe*
Location something like => *xxxxxx./Snooker 19\Unreal\Binaries\Win64*

props to 'Joepiedepoepie' over at guru3d

i used these for song of horror on my machine and hey presto it now works.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went and ran the uninstaller that comes with the driver installer and noticed that it said uninstall 19.12.1. So something had surely gone wrong during the first install. I ran the AMD uninstaller and sure enough errors and it couldn't do it 100%. DDU'd and reinstall the b450 chipset and then the 19.12.2 and now everything is fine again. 8-10 hours of gaming and no issues at all. So for now I will note it down as a bugged install and not an actual driver issue.

Yeah needed DDU to install these, had problems initially with Phoenix Point but not other games.
But nothing not to be resolved in minutes considering hadn't used DDU on the new system since built it in July, installed all drivers on top every time.

Associate
Did you run a before and after benchmark in Borderlands 3 and see no change? I lost 4 fps using like for like settings on my V56 going from 19.12.1 to 19.12.2. If you did get the same results then it points to the new Wattman app being the cause of my drop. I might try the new driver with MSI Afterburner later

I didn't do a direct before and after, just remembered the rough average for the area I was last playing and didn't see a noticeable difference with the new drivers.

I had to rollback drivers as Sekiro began crashing on startup after a Windows update had installed. Prior to that particular Windows update, 19.2.2 drivers and Sekiro were playing nicely. Boo, MS, boooo! :(

Asa

Asa

Associate
How do I get rid of the pesky little red bar in the top left when I play games? Apparently it is something to do with a Relive overlay, and used to be fairly easy to disable but can see an obvious way to disable the overlay in the new settings...

Associate
Two things I've noticed

1) Profiles saved for games seem to apply to General for me, and then the game reverts back. Was trying out Anno 1800 and set it a profile, which upon restarting the game took over the General profile and removed all settings from Anno.
2) Custom fan curve seems to have no zero rpm mode.

Other irritation is the Radeon popup when you start a game.

As a side note, has anyone else using a 580 noticed the more recent drivers targeting a temp of ~80c? I noticed this a while back that it'd moved up from 75c but wasn't quite as apparent as tonight on Anno where my 580 was at 82c on 900rpm.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Two things I've noticed

1) Profiles saved for games seem to apply to General for me, and then the game reverts back. Was trying out Anno 1800 and set it a profile, which upon restarting the game took over the General profile and removed all settings from Anno.
2) Custom fan curve seems to have no zero rpm mode.

Other irritation is the Radeon popup when you start a game.

As a side note, has anyone else using a 580 noticed the more recent drivers targeting a temp of ~80c? I noticed this a while back that it'd moved up from 75c but wasn't quite as apparent as tonight on Anno where my 580 was at 82c on 900rpm.

You can definitely disable Toast messages, which should cover the pop-up when you start a game. That is under Settings > General

Soldato
Is there anyone here with an R9 Fury X that has managed to successfully install 19.12.2?

Everything appears to go fine but on reboot I get an exclamation mark in device manager and it won’t let me open the control centre

Associate
You can definitely disable Toast messages, which should cover the pop-up when you start a game. That is under Settings > General
Hmmmm, they are disabled. Pretty sure I've still seen them. Will have to have a look when I play some more games, cheers for that anyway!

Edit: Yep, got the popup when I launched overwatch

Last edited:

Asa

Asa

Associate
Hmmmm, they are disabled. Pretty sure I've still seen them. Will have to have a look when I play some more games, cheers for that anyway!

Edit: Yep, got the popup when I launched overwatch
Oh good... sorta...

Hopefully those settings just aren't working as they should, in which case disabling the overlay might be the correct way to get rid of the red line I'm suffering, and we might get some fixes in the next update.

Soldato
From Reddit

Radeon Software 19.12.3 tomorrow (December 18 2019) self.Amd

Submitted 45 minutes ago by tmakedonDirector of AMD Software Strategy

Hi everyone. I wanted to let you know we are monitoring Reddit and other channels for user feedback on our major Radeon Software update from last week. Every time we release a big annual software update, we plan a "hotfix" driver a week or so after launch day. Tomorrow is the day we will release this bug fix driver and your feedback helped us greatly to understand what issues you guys were facing. Below is the draft (meaning it is not 100% final as of this moment) of the issues we plan on squashing.

Adrenalin is based on user feedback so thank you for everyone who took the time to report issues, and even to those who let us know that everything is working great for them.

Please post on this thread your experiences with the hotfix and just a reminder the best way to formally report issues to us (because this helps us get a real time prioritized view) is through www.amd.com/report

Thanks again!

TM - aka CM

§ Game and boost clocks may be incorrectly reported for Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics products in Radeon Software.

§ Radeon Software Install may experience an error and fail to detect AMD graphics hardware when a certain WiFi adapter is enabled in the system.

§ Rocket League™ may crash or experience an application hang after performing a task switch.

§ A black screen may occur when Performance Metrics Overlay is open and changing game resolution.

§ After disabling Radeon Software Overlay users may still see the toast messages for the overlay shortcut while in fullscreen games.

§ Audio from custom scenes may continue to play after recording or streaming has been stopped.

§ Installer audio has been reduced as it was too loud on some system configurations.

§ Some users may be unable to select drop downs in graphics settings for Tessellation Mode.

§ Radeon ReLive may appear to be missing or not available to install on some Radeon R9 380 series and Radeon R9 285 series graphics products.

§ Newly added game profiles may fail to enable the currently selected global graphics settings options in their profile.

§ Performing an auto update from web to Adrenalin 2020 Edition from Adrenalin 2019 Edition may fail with an error code.

§ Switching between borderless and fullscreen in some games when Performance Overlay is enabled and Radeon FreeSync is enabled may cause stuttering.

§ MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries™ may experience black corruption near the bottom of the screen close to the player model.

§ Radeon Anti-Lag may fail to enable for DirectX®9 applications when enabled in the global graphics settings options.

§ Radeon Anti-Lag may fail to enable for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive™.

§ The custom stream option may fail to present users with a url box to choose their endpoint.

§ DirectML Media Filters may fail to apply Upscale and Denoise when attempting to do both at the same time on one image.

§ Some Radeon FreeSync enabled displays may experience LFC intermittently enabling mid game causing poor performance or stutter.

§ A grey box may prevent users from setting custom hotkeys in the scene editor.

§ Performing Auto Tuning for graphics clocks on Radeon RX 5700 XT may result in an extremely high OC or unstable OC.

§ Some games may experience instability and screen loss or control loss when performing a task switch when the Gaming profile is set in Radeon Software.

§ Radeon Image Sharpening may fail to enable in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™.

§ HDCP 2.2 enabled content may fail to play on some Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.

Soldato
Ghost Recon Breakpoint has a lot of problems with Radeon Software 19.12.2, just had it go multi-coloured checker box. Had to restart Windows which was difficult, hope it's not bad VRAM but RDR2 runs perfect for hours.

Soldato
Ghost Recon Breakpoint has a lot of problems with Radeon Software 19.12.2, just had it go multi-coloured checker box. Had to restart Windows which was difficult, hope it's not bad VRAM but RDR2 runs perfect for hours.

You used DDU in windows safe mode to wipe previous drivers yes? And not any version but the very latest of DDU from last week?

Back
Top Bottom