Why do people feel the need to wear clothing with huge logos on them?

Soldato
LOL

I understand buying the brand, quallity, and the feeling of buying something like that feels good. But why not buy a plain white hoodie produced by CK, rather than one with the words "C A L V I N K L E I N" plastered accross lol.

Maybe cos the plain looking stuff is expensive and clothes with massive text on them are cheap in TK Max?

Soldato
If you actually bothered to quote my full text, you would have further on seen that I mentioned I do not like gaudy pieces like Gucci, or even Hermes pieces with the massive "H" plastered everywhere

Just because you don't that doesn't mean that others don't.

Maybe wearing something with a massive logo makes them feel like this: " but more how it makes you feel. If you feel confident and happy in that particular piece of clothing then that is great."

Soldato
Because they probably dont do plain stuff?
Same as superdry clothes,usually they have their logo plastered over it
I have some SuperDry jumpers and they only have the smallest external label on the upper arm which is hard to read even close up.

The brands the OP listed are fashion brands and the current fashion is to display the brand as large as possible. Remember, the largest chunk of the cost of the item is the name, so why spend all that money on it and then hide it?!?

Soldato
Fashion brands are all about...brand strangely enough. Fundamentally at least 50% of what they are selling isn’t the product itself, but the brand, the image they try to portray.

Some of it is silly. A white t shirt with a logo on it for £50+ when you could buy a perfectly decent cotton t shirt for less than £10.

Soldato
I actually saw a really nice jumper in TK Maxx and never felt a material like it. But then spotted this stupidly place Calvin Klein logo going diagonally across the shoulder which looked stupid and i put it back.

Had it been a simple CK on the breast i wouldn't have minded but placement just looked stupid. Maybe it was an error and that's why it ended up in TK Maxx!

Soldato
The majority of the older members that use this forum (usually the ones moaning) are unlikely to have any fashion sense at all. I wouldn't be surprised if some of you are still wearing the same clothes from the 90s

Soldato
That is fashion and dressing up and various other behaviours. None of that has to involve wearing a logo doing unpaid advertising.
The question is why do some people feel comfortable to sport brand logos?

Because it demonstrates to a potential mate that they have the financial means to "waste" money on branded items when (as another poster has mentioned) you could buy a basically identical "basic" item for a fraction of the cost

Soldato
The question is why do some people feel comfortable to sport brand logos?
The logo displays a passion/association/link to whatever the brand/company/image stands for or represents. This could be a celebrity, a fashion or social media trend, film, sport event/star etc etc.. It creates and is part of a personal identity.

If everyone walked around in plain clothes life would be dull, so why? People like to be different/stand out.

Soldato
I'm partial to a good logo tee. Never usually fashion brands though. Often it's something that will get a knowing nod (tv, film, music or game related) but that's it.
I don't actually own anything fashionable. The only two things I own which could be considered fancy are maybe 2 or 3 of my suits. One is DKNY and the other is Hugo Boss but that's it.

I feel with these Gucci tops you see now. If you could afford 'proper' gucci stuff, it wouldn't have Gucci plastered all over it and you wouldn't just get a t-shirt You know the saying.... "The loudest one in the room...."

(Must admit. There are a few loud Versace shirts that I like but I'd never be able to afford them so I just don't bother trying to keep up appearances)

Associate
Each to their own, personally i like subtle t-shirts with small logos but i do have some ralph lauren tshirts which sports the bigger logo which were bought for me. ill still wear them.

my issue are the people who buy the fakes to try and look the part. Montclair is thee brand at the moment, all the chavs seem to be sporting these. JD have also ruined 'the north face' very good products ruined by chavs.

Back
Top Bottom