Which is the best Z390 board for around £300?

Soldato
I've a friend asking me for advice on which Z390 board to go for around the £300 mark, I've got the Aorus Master which apart from the clunky bios I think it's great. But which board would you guys recommend?

I know the Master has really good VRM's and UK based RMA but he's not fussed on the looks... :rolleyes:

Soldato
The Aorus Master is the obvious choice here - good thermals and uk rma like you've said already plus good reviews would put it at the top of my list at that cost. Does he really need to spend £300 though? You can get a very decent motherboard for less than that. Have a look here - https://www.anandtech.com/show/13407/intel-z390-motherboard-overview-every-motherboard-analyzed/57 - and see what features you need then make a choice. I've always preferred Gigabyte simply due to the uk rma and the fact we have a Gigabyte rep on these forums who seems helpful when needed.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I'm trying to convince him to go for the Master, but thank you that's an excellent link I wasn't aware of!

I don't think he has to spend £300 but I think he just wants a board with the best overall performance and features... He keeps leaning towards the ROG board purely on aesthetics

Soldato
If you do go for the master and have the 9900k not the KS don’t go past the F9 bios yet, I tried F10 on my 9900k and I went from 5.1 rock solid stable to 5 unstable

Associate
Gigabyte did a great job on their Z390 series, the Aorus Master is a good choice.
I had bad experience with asus, ended up with the Z390 Extreme4 which proven to be a great match for my 9700K.

Soldato
Yeah I'm trying to convince him to go for the Master, but thank you that's an excellent link I wasn't aware of!

I don't think he has to spend £300 but I think he just wants a board with the best overall performance and features... He keeps leaning towards the ROG board purely on aesthetics
I'm curious as to which board he went for in the end. I actually have both of them. ;)

Soldato
He got the Aorus Master, which is working rock solid but still says he prefers the look of the ROG board and may change
Tell him he should probably stick with the Master and stay with bios F10 as F11c will reduce performance. The ROG XI is a weird motherboard. I initially thought it was better as it was faster and I only needed 1.26v for 5.3Ghz whereas I had to use 1.30v on the Master.
It turned out that the performance difference was down to me using the latest Gigabyte bios and rolling back to the previous one they had the same scores. Also more importantly, even though I was using less voltage the CPU temperature was sometimes 10c higher with the Asus. I tested this repeated times and it was the same each time. This is probably down to the VRM's.

My experience seems to backup the videos I've seen on the Z390 ROG XI's by Buildzoid et al
My boy has taken the ROG XI board as it does look nicer. The M.2 location is also better for me. ;)

Soldato
Master Easily - ocuk having it for £260 which is handy

if they havent already got an Intel chip.. food for thought...

B CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £656.04 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

vs

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £589.48 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Back
Top Bottom