** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Finally getting round to upgrading off an aging X58 platform, so wanting to get this to flex the 8700k that will be relacing it. Stock seems to be mega low, so probably going to just bite the bullet, pre-order and then wait and see when they come out. Just wondering what the policy here is regarding BLB and the like. Doesnt appear to be reports of it on this model, but it would be good to know in case (God I hope not though!). Thanks in advance.

Associate
Has anyone tried piping the LG27GL850 audio-out on the back of the monitor to some powered speakers when using HDMI input from a console? I tried mine yesterday, as I was PS4 Pro gaming. Although it worked, the volume seemed very low from the speakers, even with everything adjusted to the max in the console settings and the speaker volume knob.

Any feedback welcome (using headphones for now, which is what I'm used to anyway.)

Soldato
Has anyone tried piping the LG27GL850 audio-out on the back of the monitor to some powered speakers when using HDMI input from a console? I tried mine yesterday, as I was PS4 Pro gaming. Although it worked, the volume seemed very low from the speakers, even with everything adjusted to the max in the console settings and the speaker volume knob.

Any feedback welcome (using headphones for now, which is what I'm used to anyway.)
That's a headphone out jack, the volume is most likely limited.

Associate
yes, or at least that's usually the way it works unless enough stock lands to clear all back orders in one go.

yes, full payment is taken at the point of pre-ordering.

Thanks for the confirmation on this. I'm sure it's LGs fault but in two minds if I end up having to wait several months as there's no real indication of the backlog there is along with whatever may come along stick wise. Seems worth it but it's the uncertainty that makes it a bit of a hmmm

Soldato
Thanks for the confirmation on this. I'm sure it's LGs fault but in two minds if I end up having to wait several months as there's no real indication of the backlog there is along with whatever may come along stick wise. Seems worth it but it's the uncertainty that makes it a bit of a hmmm
Aye the stock issue is a bit pump. Starting to think I should have just grabbed the aorus that popped up on a Black Friday deal but I sort of had my heart set on the LG.

Associate
Yeah, same. I might have to bite the bullet and get something like the asus Pg279q or one of its 50 variants.... Like you say, got my heart set on the LG, and it doesnt appear to have any standout issues (at least that I have heard) regarding the quality of the panel and BLB, glow etc. I mean Im sure its there, but not the extent that you seem to hear on a lot of others. Anything else I seem to see has *something*. Shame as I just upgraded and it would have been great to have a new monitor (60hz up) to go with it.

Associate
..regarding the quality of the panel and BLB, glow etc. I mean Im sure its there, but not the extent that you seem to hear on a lot of others.

Yeah, no blacklight bleed on mine, but it does have some minor IPS glow. Of the three IPS panels I've owned; it's the best by far.

My only gripe - and it is something mentioned in the reviews - is the panel uniformity. Again, nothing major, but on a pure white background, it is definitely brighter in the top-right quadrant of the display; I don't notice it when gaming or content viewing though, and that is the most important thing.

Associate
Yeah, no blacklight bleed on mine, but it does have some minor IPS glow. Of the three IPS panels I've owned; it's the best by far.

My only gripe - and it is something mentioned in the reviews - is the panel uniformity. Again, nothing major, but on a pure white background, it is definitely brighter in the top-right quadrant of the display; I don't notice it when gaming or content viewing though, and that is the most important thing.

Nice - Been trying to read through all this thread, and theres more talk about stock than the monitor itself. That might be a good thing as people are just happy with it and you tend to get more posts that complain. I was on chat with a representative on the website and was told that there should be a small stock drop of about 30 that is due end of month that will go towards the current backlog of around 100 odd. They are negiotiating a larger drop of 300 or so for some time in January. Its not set in stone yet, but thats what is being worked upon. I might as well preorder and hope that that large shipment comes in.

Soldato
Are these an improvment over a 5 year old AOC IPS for things like photoediting ?

I was lucky enough to get a 27GL83A but its still boxed and i might sell it if its not an improvment for things that are not game related.

Associate
Are these an improvment over a 5 year old AOC IPS for things like photoediting ?

I was lucky enough to get a 27GL83A but its still boxed and i might sell it if its not an improvment for things that are not game related.
Compare spec of the monitors and you will see...I have been using Eizo EV2450 (6bit+frc, 60hz) for photo-editing and gaming and I was fine

Back
Top Bottom