Air fresher + cigarette lighter = No ******* way?!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
kYRrjkH.jpg

A driver caused an explosion in his car when he lit a cigarette after spraying air freshener.

He used "excessive" amounts of the aerosol scent before sparking up, according to firefighters.

Gas from the spray ignited, blew out the windscreen and windows and buckled the doors but the man escaped with only minor injuries.

Police said the incident in Halifax on Saturday "could've been worse" and warned people to follow safety advice.

The motorist was in stationary traffic in Fountain Street in the town at about 15:00 GMT on Saturday when the explosion happened.

It was so powerful it caused damage to windows at nearby businesses.
Article

How much damage?! Unbelievable.

(Kind of an RSS post but I've got nothing much to comment other than complete shock!)

Soldato
The amount of damage it's done is amazing - but that the person inside the car is basically unharmed seems miraculous!

I'm sure there's a physics based explanation for this. The damage is pressure based I guess.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
But no one is going to finish a cig, spray air freshener and spark up again straight away.

There's either going to be a time gap between the 2 or you'd know you'd likely have more than one and spray just before you got out.
No one, really? Plenty of reasons such as hitting an unexpected queue, getting off a tense phone call, first one wasnt just cigarette etc...

Back
Top Bottom