*** Apex Legends ***

Associate
Winter Express has been really good so far, Battle pass has been complete for a week or so now, so looking forward to S4 now. My aim of Platinum is complete, I honestly cant see me getting to Diamond this season, I was super close to P3 but dropped down a lot of points playing with randoms so gave up!

Still trying to help a few friends get to Platinum and also teaching my brother the ropes as he's new to the game!

Overall the winter update is awesome, little disappointed that we don't get anything free really, but hopefully they will give us a Christmas day gift or something, who knows! :)

Soldato
Completed the season a while back and also got to Platinum which was my aim the season. Got 3 weeks in Spain coming up so there's no point in me struggling to get any further. I'm not a huge fan of these events I just like to try and play the main game. Getting a lot more wins this season and my KDR + damage dealt have almost doubled. Either I am getting better or everyone else is getting worse! This is my first BR game so it took me a long time to properly get into it. Still love what they've achieved with it and I can't see myself stopping any time soon.

Associate
Completed the season a while back and also got to Platinum which was my aim the season. Got 3 weeks in Spain coming up so there's no point in me struggling to get any further. I'm not a huge fan of these events I just like to try and play the main game. Getting a lot more wins this season and my KDR + damage dealt have almost doubled. Either I am getting better or everyone else is getting worse! This is my first BR game so it took me a long time to properly get into it. Still love what they've achieved with it and I can't see myself stopping any time soon.

Yeah tbh I ususally only play the main game, wasn't overly keen on the Halloween mode, played it a few times, won as both legend and shadow, but it didn't feel a nice mode to play consistently. The Winter Express however is the opposite, even with the mega sweaty people going on top of out of zone buildings and sniping, its a really fun mode, like win or lose you get a lot of XP too.

I started right at the beginning in Feb but I didn't play S1 at all due to not having broadband, so basically played from S2 onwards, and only until very recently ive been playing really well and getting regular wins, this last week or so however ive been off the boil, either that or im getting paired with really sweaty people, because I cant seem to win 1v1s atm and I always seem to get tag teamed, could just be the standard of players has increased recently, or maybe the illness I have currently, hopefully ill be back to my better self soon.

Still hunting for the 2k damage badge too -.-

Soldato
I've got over 1.5k damage quite a few times but I can't quite hit 2k. I've recently started picking up sniper rifles early game and it's amazing how many kills and damage dealt you can rack up that way. Triple Take with hop up is ridiculous if you hit them in the head. Squelch. Love it. I can't quite get the hang the the G7 Scout at range but I hear that with double tap it can be a beast. I just can't hit anyone with it lol I hate bullet drop. Maybe I should go try the firing range for a bit. Not even been in there yet. I think about it but because my time is limited I just want to play the game.

Associate
G7 is more of a close range rifle, I cant use it at range, but up close im lethal with it, also its a really quick finisher gun if your thirsty for kills. I tend to down them with a 99 or 301 then finish them quickly with the G7. Double tap is savage on it as well.

Long range I go with the Longbow or the TT/Charge rifle. Either way you'll do a lot of damage with them, I would then switch them out endgame for a PK or Mastiff is available.

This new Winter mode can see you do 1200+ damage quiet easily to be honest, but as the stats don't count, im not sure you would unlock the 2k badge that way, this is my aim before the winter mode ends anyway, as I've already hit 1800 regularly so only a few more shots/kills and im there!

Soldato
Absolutely addicted to Winter Express, it's brilliant. Played 9 games last night and won every round on the trot, really getting some good tactics going now by using the jump pads at the right time and at the right stop. Didn't know there was a badge for 2k damage but IIRC surpassed that by quite a margin last night, think I had circa 2400 but not 100% sure, it was late and I was tired, will have to check later.

Still don't like the Charge Rifle much prefer the Triple Take, as Plainsong said, squelch, it's a satisfying sound!

Soldato
My problem with the winter express is that I have no strategy other than to run around like a headless chicken until I die. I've only tried it 4 or 5 times though.

I actually spent a bit of time in the firing range last night and had a mess around with the various sniper rifles and hop ups. It's actually a nice place to be to try things out without the stress of being in the game.

I don't like the charge rifle either.

Associate
My problem with the winter express is that I have no strategy other than to run around like a headless chicken until I die. I've only tried it 4 or 5 times though.

I actually spent a bit of time in the firing range last night and had a mess around with the various sniper rifles and hop ups. It's actually a nice place to be to try things out without the stress of being in the game.

Practice with the charge rifle. I love using it and cant stand it being used against me.

Nothing worse than getting shredded by that thing from someone sitting in kings canyon :p

Soldato

My strategy last night using Bangalore (Spitfire and Mozambique) Was take train immediately first stop, find out where the enemy were and throw smoke right on top of them, wait for them to pop out of smoke running for train, took them out. Second stop I'd leave train hit the last jump pad at the last second, drop in behind them, shoot them in the back. Third stop stay on train and throw smoke out again and also use my special and rain hell as she says. Pretty much use these tactics with just a few variations based on enemy skill/tactics. Then a couple of games after the first 9 nothing worked :p

Caporegime
Caustic is just so totally OP on the train mode. Every team needs to have one to stand any chance. Even Wattson isn’t that great as her fences take a long time to recharge and you need to stay alive at least one round to lay more than two pylons.

Associate
Caustic is just so totally OP on the train mode. Every team needs to have one to stand any chance. Even Wattson isn’t that great as her fences take a long time to recharge and you need to stay alive at least one round to lay more than two pylons.
He is pretty good. I dont think he's OP. Pretty easy to either shoot the traps to destroy them or get on top of the train

Back
Top Bottom