Feek's broken arm thread (now with plate, pins and screws x-ray, staples/wound and tongue surgery)

Commissario
OP
Soldato
How big was the kerb? Was it a pallet of kerbs?

It's surprising how a little can sometimes go a very long way when it comes to injuries.

I've been through quite a few scrapes over the years and have come off relatively unscathed but a few summers ago when I was in bare feet, something went crunch in my foot. I'd stood on the tiniest of tiny, teeny-weenie fragments of stone and it had caught me right on the sesamoids (oo er). The next day even lifting my big toe 1mm was agony and I couldn't put a shoe on for weeks! If I caught it on anything, even just a touch, it was Lucy-in-the-sky-with-diamonds-pain. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know. I was too busy lying on the ground, feeling sorry for myself and hoping someone would stop to help.

This is why I always carry a retractable 8m steel tape with me at all times, you could have measured that kerb whilst you waited :p
It's surprising how a little can sometimes go a very long way when it comes to injuries.

I've been through quite a few scrapes over the years and have come off relatively unscathed but a few summers ago when I was in bare feet, something went crunch in my foot. I'd stood on the tiniest of tiny, teeny-weenie fragments of stone and it had caught me right on the sesamoids (oo er). The next day even lifting my big toe 1mm was agony and I couldn't put a shoe on for weeks! If I caught it on anything, even just a touch, it was Lucy-in-the-sky-with-diamonds-pain. Unbelievable.

Aye, I've done something similar myself (in the sense of something minor ruining yourself) giving myself Extensor Tendonitis with slightly overtightened laces.

Soldato
This is why I always carry a retractable 8m steel tape with me at all times, you could have measured that kerb whilst you waited :p

Aye, I've done something similar myself (in the sense of something minor ruining yourself) giving myself Extensor Tendonitis with slightly overtightened laces.

"Slightly overtightened laces." :D

That definitely beats my microfragment of rock.

Soldato
Just been told that I’m getting a plate and around ten pins to hold it all together. They won’t be taken out, they’re mine to keep.

That's got to bring a few dB of signal boost?

Best of luck for the op, any idea if you have a morning or afternoon slot?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom