• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
I'm the same, used to get 4.6Ghz + on 5/8 cores on ABBA. Now only 1 core hits 4.625Ghz and the rest @ 4.550-4.575. Not bad but not as impressive as ABBA for max boost clockspeed. Never kept the results of benches to compare.
I still see the same boost clocks but not as often. ABBA were very frequent, almost all the time. 2.50 made them a bit rare, and 2.70 seems to have made them more common but not as much as ABBA. My latency used to be constant 63.6 - 63.8ns on 2.50, now it seems to be 63.8 - 64ns so they must have reduced the CPU responsiveness to help idle temps?

Associate
Thanks, Some people are saying the Gaming X is a taichi with 2.5 ethnet strapped on, is that true?

i honestly wouldnt know, but the taichi does look like it has better cooling. There is quite a difference in price, not sure i would personally pay the extra. However if i was in the £300 mark for a board, i believe the Gigabytes are the superior product, and have a UK RMA facility.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...4-x570-chipset-atx-motherboard-mb-57u-gi.html

Soldato
i honestly wouldnt know, but the taichi does look like it has better cooling. There is quite a difference in price, not sure i would personally pay the extra. However if i was in the £300 mark for a board, i believe the Gigabytes are the superior product, and have a UK RMA facility.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...4-x570-chipset-atx-motherboard-mb-57u-gi.html

It doesn't. The fan is where the GPUs push hot air. Also is so close with the armour plating, that pushes the fan making it grind during boot after a month or so.

Caporegime
Is anyone else experiencing locked EDC and TDC limits on 2.7? I can't set either of them above default, no matter what I set in BIOS the limts are unchanged in Ryzen Master.

Soldato
Is anyone else experiencing locked EDC and TDC limits on 2.7? I can't set either of them above default, no matter what I set in BIOS the limts are unchanged in Ryzen Master.

Couldn’t up them on the gaming 4 either. My boosts have gone from 5/8 cores at 4.6+ to 4.525 as best. Best Bios for boost clocks was ABBA. The 1.0.0.4 Agesa bios’s are worse performance for my 3800x. Can’t go back to ABBA either.

Associate
Get a B450 Tomahawk Max then if you are on budget, or a X470 board.
B550 won't bring anything new to the table than B450 & X470 have. (aka no PCIe 4.0)

im currently on a mortar (non max) which from what i hear is actually a good board. it does annoy me that i dont have the full fat bios.

Back
Top Bottom