After 10 long years, John Frusciante is back with RHCP!

Caporegime
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shaking right now. This is the news every Chili Peppers fan on earth hoped for, but did not think would ever come true. Ten horribly long years.

xsXCejE.png

Also, if this is a hack (it's not on their Twitter or anywhere else) then I'm quitting the Internet.

Soldato
Saw this last night!It's on official Flea and RHCP Instagram so I think it probably is.

Josh was awesome for them, especially on their last album but man am I excited to see what happens next!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Seen them twice with Josh and absolutely loved it, but if a tour happens and comes via the UK with John I'm all in for that!

Soldato
RHCP are too far gone now IMO and Frusciante's best stuff was solo and with Mars Volta anyway.

I'll still be interested to hear what they come up with back together though.

Soldato
This doesn't really make much sense at all, John has said he'd never consider returning and seems like he's moved on completely. And I thought the band were on the brink of finishing material for their next album. The timing and the whole notion seems really weird.

Caporegime
OP
This doesn't really make much sense at all, John has said he'd never consider returning and seems like he's moved on completely. And I thought the band were on the brink of finishing material for their next album. The timing and the whole notion seems really weird.

Yeah it makes absolutely no sense to me. He's said plenty of times that he feels as if just playing guitar is limiting his creativity, and he said to fans a few months back that his focus is entirely on electronic music and that the idea of playing anything live hasn't once entered his head.

Perhaps the next album is going to be heavily inspired by Aphex Twin. :p

Soldato
Was lucky enough to see John play with them just before he left and then twice with Josh. Josh was better the second time but just nowhere near John.

This is great great news.

Soldato
Hmm surprising news for sure.
Wonder if he'll try and rub out all of Joshes material from existence like he did with Dave's?

Soldato
There music is pretty dire now just generic rock music unlike there very first stuff.
Agreed. Everything up to Californication was fantastic and special... After they became radio friendly and a bit too serious. Hasn't harmed their bank accounts I'm sure.

Associate
I'm going to upset the die-hard fans here, but Stadium Arcadium was the Ultimate Epoch in the RHCP legacy. It was a variety of songs that had unshackled John to become the guitar icon that he is. I became a fan when By the way was released and been a big fan, even learning the guitar in my 40's. John is a highly influential musician, look at all the music vlogs on video channels now with this news. I could have put BTW as their greatest album, but the recent The Getaway is different, refreshing and brought the band into the modern era. I love Dark Necessities, I love Go Robot and most of all, I love Goodbye Angels. As many have said, Josh has helped to keep the band together and I am sorry that he is no longer with them. Both John & Josh would lift the band to another level, especially live. But I guess that is not in Anthony's Master Plan.

Soldato
I'm going to upset the die-hard fans here, but Stadium Arcadium was the Ultimate Epoch in the RHCP legacy. It was a variety of songs that had unshackled John to become the guitar icon that he is. I became a fan when By the way was released and been a big fan, even learning the guitar in my 40's. John is a highly influential musician, look at all the music vlogs on video channels now with this news. I could have put BTW as their greatest album, but the recent The Getaway is different, refreshing and brought the band into the modern era. I love Dark Necessities, I love Go Robot and most of all, I love Goodbye Angels. As many have said, Josh has helped to keep the band together and I am sorry that he is no longer with them. Both John & Josh would lift the band to another level, especially live. But I guess that is not in Anthony's Master Plan.
I agree with a lot of this. I understand why people don't like the last 2 albums as much, but I think there's some great music in there. Josh came out of his shell a bit more on The Getaway, which is definitely a good thing, some of his guitar parts are really amazing.

I have no idea which direction they'll go now, still can't even imagine what John is going to want to bring to the band, and what they'll want him to bring, at this point.

Back
Top Bottom