• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 9 3950X review thread

Associate
Yeah, that's on my radar but 32GB is a bit pricey atm. At ~£100 per 16GB would be a no brainer, it's just a bit too much for me at the current prices.

Looking at the Viper Steel as well, it's well priced and there's options to either downclock the 4400 or just leave the settings of the 3600/3733 at defaults, which are better than a lot of the CL18 kits.

Sorry for a bit off off-top. But is this the kit you meant?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3600mhz-quad-channel-kit-black-my-095-tg.html

If so why does it list :
  • CPU Compatibility: Intel Skylake/Skylake-X/Kaby Lake/Kaby Lake-X (LGA 1151 & LGA 2066)
  • Chipset Compatibility: Intel Z270, Intel X299
:rolleyes:

The question is if it would work with a ryzen system and have the same OC capabilities

Last edited:

RCM

RCM

Associate
Sorry for a bit off off-top. But is this the kit you meant?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...3600mhz-quad-channel-kit-black-my-095-tg.html

If so why does it list :
  • CPU Compatibility: Intel Skylake/Skylake-X/Kaby Lake/Kaby Lake-X (LGA 1151 & LGA 2066)
  • Chipset Compatibility: Intel Z270, Intel X299
:rolleyes:

The question is if it would work with a ryzen system and have the same OC capabilities
That blurb seems to be from circa 2016 and looks years out of date, even predating Ryzen altogether!

Soldato
AMD supported?

Are they trying to ensure that stock is available to people at MSRP from a large retailer? I know that that massive German retailer who does the monthly figures also had a shed load of stock delivered too, but their price is high atm. :)

OcUK Staff
AMD supported?

Are they trying to ensure that stock is available to people at MSRP from a large retailer? I know that that massive German retailer who does the monthly figures also had a shed load of stock delivered too, but their price is high atm. :)

No idea, I give zero poops about competitors, all I care about is OcUK and as off tomorrow we will have 1k plus in stock at official MSRP as long as couriers go fine. :)

Soldato
AMD supported?

That's not how this works. If any retailer can go from having 40 units or so for sale in the first two weeks to suddenly having a thousand units - it means there was a massive increase in supply and that applies for all retailers

Back
Top Bottom