****Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Official Thread****

Soldato
Soldato
Any list that doesn't put The Last Jedi as the worst Star Wars film ever made is not a list I have any confidence in.

Associate
If Palpatine is still alive, and the featurette above strongly suggests that he is, that would mean Anakin died for nothing. He changed nothing. He didn't bring an end to Sith order. The balance to the force was never restored. The one who was prophecised to bring it, never did. .

Google Mortis, the balance of the force never had anything to do with ending the Sith. Besides it wouldn't be balanced if there were none left.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mortis

This shows the Canon episodes of Clone Wars which explains this.

But I do agree, it's laughable if he's back. What next Windu?

Man of Honour
Now watching Dave on EEVBlog2 talking about it. Direct quotes.

"Overall the movie was pretty bad"

"The movie is, it is a mess. It is an absolute mess. It was rushed, you can tell. If they had another couple of months to edit this thing, it would have been, probably a hell of a lot better"

"There was one scene, that I almost like walked, I wanted to walk out. No F'ing way did you do that!"

"Dialled up to J.J. Abrams 11"

"I was hoping for better. I had a very low bar going into this, and it didn't really make the bar."

"It was like 10 hours worth of script jammed into 2 hours."

Dave's a fan of the OT. Good job my ticket is a freebie I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
Haven't seen Star Wars in the cinema since the massively disappointing TLJ. I watched Solo at a friends place and found that almost as bad.

I've been keeping an eye on TROS but the more I see and hear about it the worse it looks to be, I'll be skipping this I think.

At least The Mandalorian has been good, I adore Star Wars but Disney have butchered the movies, with the exception of Rogue One which I found to be decent.

Soldato
Like I say, after the other two my expectations are low.....really low

In fact, I have no issue with nodding off for a couple of hours while my son watches it

Caporegime
Haven't seen Star Wars in the cinema since the massively disappointing TLJ. I watched Solo at a friends place and found that almost as bad.

I've been keeping an eye on TROS but the more I see and hear about it the worse it looks to be, I'll be skipping this I think.

At least The Mandalorian has been good, I adore Star Wars but Disney have butchered the movies, with the exception of Rogue One which I found to be decent.

The problem is they tried to fit old with new. They should have just started something completely fresh. It could have been set 100 years in the future and completely original but still have the Jedi Vs Sith at its core.

Caporegime

but rather that the 142-minute movie spends almost its entire running time retconning its predecessor and adding painfully conventional “plot twists” and patronizing reversals in the name of mollifying the fans who merely want to be reminded of the first three movies.

So as expected, a lot of time spent undoing what that idiot Johnson was allowed to do.

Soldato
This is getting slammed.

One particular review said and I paraphrase slightly "it's a terrible movie, a terrible finale and is only there to give adult star wars fans a pat on the head that they are still special" :D:D:D

At least most the people in here will like it :p

Caporegime
This is getting slammed.

One particular review said and I paraphrase slightly "it's a terrible movie, a terrible finale and is only there to give adult star wars fans a pat on the head that they are still special" :D:D:D

At least most the people in here will like it :p

people in here will lap this dross up :D

Soldato
people in here will lap this dross up :D

I do wonder if it's giving them what they want it goes top 3 or 4 films.... Or because it still has a woman in a main role it's doomed to reside as a bad film no matter how it ruins everything to make them smile.

Will be haunting this thread for a bit for a laugh :p

Back
Top Bottom