• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Random Restarts: AMD 3900x - Aorus x570 Elite

Associate
Hi all - First of all I want to apologise as I am not sure if this should be in the motherboard or cpu section as I am not sure which is the issue.

My build:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32 GB 3200Mhz
SSD M.2 : Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 1TB
Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i RGB Platinum
GPU: ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ OC
PSU: 750W Seasonic Focus PX-750 80PLUS Platinum

My issue:
So I recently done this build, it works fine when general usage (no games, no video editing etc). Once I load a game (for example World of Warcraft or Star Citizen) after a while I would get a random restart, without error code, no BSOD, nothing of use in the event viewer.

I have done some browsing online and have mentioned some bits regarding the x570 boards have bad voltage settings, others mentioned that the RAM running at 3200Hz is bad (I don't get this?) but I'm not quite sure these are the case for me. My question is, has anyone here experienced similar situations and have you managed to resolve them?

Many thanks for any support provided.

EDIT: BIOS version was F4, I'm now in the process of updating to F11.

Last edited:
Soldato
I, initially, had the same. Different motherboard but the same symptoms. For me it's been the memory voltage. Some mention the SOC voltage as well. Windows would run but when putting any pressure, namely games, on it then it would, at a random time, restart.

Upping the memory voltage to 1.45v seems to have resolved the issue (this is the voltage the memory calculator recommends: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/ )

Good luck!

M.

Soldato
Updating the BIOS will help sort most. Subsquent X570 BIOS's have made the memory compatibility much better. Originally they wouldnt load XMP profiles and be stable. You'll want to install the latest AMD chipset driver also. Depending on BIOS settings - if you try and load a previous profile with a new BIOS it wont like it. So just load as defualt into windows, then reboot to BIOS and enter settings manually again, not try and load a previous profile.

Associate
I had a 2700x which would restart under a load because the PSU was failing. Replaced the PSU, problem solved. Does that RAM run and boot when set to DOCP ? Because it should be fine at its default voltage of 1.35v.

Associate
OP
Hi thanks all for your input.

So with the update of BIOS as I pointed out in my first post up to F11 from F4 I had significantly more stability on my CPU, this of course was without my memory running at 3200Hz as it had the default profile. I was able to run games perfectly, also ran OCCT for quite sometime and had 0 errors (I had a significant amount of errors before the update!). Once switching up to the XMP profile, I was getting BSOD in regards to memory management. @m4cc45 do you think this would resolve my issue, the solution you pointed out?

Once again, thanks all for your feedback and suggestions :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom