Associate
Hi all, for my first post here on Overclockers forums I wanted to show something special. I have been into building computers for the past 14 years, starting at the age of 12 as far as I remember with an old Q6600 processor which felt great at the time!

So here are the specifications and some renderings for my latest and best build so far; this is a build where no bends are allowed. The pc is made mostly for number crunching in large spreadsheets, and the occasional rendering and gaming. No RGB, but I can cope with less FPS because of this :)

Main components:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra Gaming
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Ram: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200Mhz
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb
PSU: Corsair RM1000i
Case: Lian Li PC-011dynamic
Fans: Noctua Industrial Fan 2000rpm x6
Watercooling:
EK-Coolstream PE 360 x2
EK-Vector RTX 2080 block and backplate
EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 240 D5 reservoir+pump combo
EK-Quantum MOmentum ROG Corsshair VIII Hero MonoBlock
A boat load of fittings and angled adapters to achieve no bends loops
Loop order for reference: PUMP->Bottom Radiator->GPU->Top Radiator->Monoblock->Pump

I hope you like it; I would love to hear your comments and any recommendations since this is my first attempt at rigid tubing water cooling, but sure as hell it shouldn't be a rocket science thing to do! I am still undecided on whether to go with acrylic or stainless tubing, both look equally pleasing to my eyes.

cL3Ud7A.png

OVcIoM0.png

ZMsU9eV.png

U33s6No.png

Last edited:
Soldato
looks good! thought about the Master board, slightly cheaper- beefier vrm and UK RMA. Also wifi as standard

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...4-x570-chipset-atx-motherboard-mb-57t-gi.html

look at sabrent rocket for NVMe storage or

BB CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £312.63 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

slightly more but double the storage

Associate
OP
I have tried going with MSI only once in the past 14 years, and I had to RMA it, might be just tough luck, but I will stick to the overpriced ASUS once again! As for the SSD, I have tested the samsung ones for some time now, and anyway this wasn't a budget build so here we are! Thank you for the suggestions anyhow ;)

Edit: Sorry this was a Gigabyte board you recommended. Unfortunately, ASUS Rog Hero and Strix Gaming-E were the only X570 with monoblocks available from EKWB, so the motherboard was an easy choice.

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot; greatly appreciate your feedback, I think I will go with acrylic for the tubing for now since it will be nice showing the solid white fluid that I plan on filling it with. Pictures of the actual build to follow tomorrow most likely, stay tuned!

Soldato
I have tried going with MSI only once in the past 14 years, and I had to RMA it, might be just tough luck, but I will stick to the overpriced ASUS once again! As for the SSD, I have tested the samsung ones for some time now, and anyway this wasn't a budget build so here we are! Thank you for the suggestions anyhow ;)

Edit: Sorry this was a Gigabyte board you recommended. Unfortunately, ASUS Rog Hero and Strix Gaming-E were the only X570 with monoblocks available from EKWB, so the motherboard was an easy choice.

Bit power make a damn good Master mono block along with Asus line . Outs EKWB to shame But hard to get here :(

Back
Top Bottom