New year plans

Associate
We live in a small town (village really) and will go for a couple in few little pubs and then end up at our nice local (also little). Pleasant place to go - the bar people know our tipple and are friendly with a load of the locals. Always a range of dogs to say hello to and probably some music going on too. Also all of the pubs are just normal pubby pubs so no ticket only nonsense.

Associate
Normally stay in but this year my cousin is having a big wedding reception on NYE, dress code black tie, so it should be smart and will catch up with family I've not seen since the last wedding 5 years ago.. Only downside is it's a 3.5 hour drive home new years day.

Caporegime
3 days of board games and few computer games with about 8 friends.
Because we have so much time we can play epic 8 hour board games!

Scythe, gloomhaven, mansions of madness will all be played!

New year is awesome!
Didn't use to be!

Last edited:
Soldato
Never been a big fan of New Years Eve, no particular reason but I guess it's because I'm not a big drinker so never went out, only to parties with family. Past few years we've taken my step-son out for a meal during the day and maybe seen a movie at the cinema too. This year we've also got my new-born son, he'll be 7 weeks old so we may go out for a meal in the afternoon/evening then go home and just relax and if I'm still awake watch the fireworks on BBC.

Man of Honour
Well my Christmas might have been cancelled this morning because my Mum died at 8:30am at home with me and my sister by her side :(
I've got a couple of gigs coming up with my band including NYE but my drummer is my 19 year old Nephew who is devastated at the moment.

Caporegime
Chill with the missus in front of the tv watching copious amounts of rubbish tv. Watch the fireworks then probably go bed.

Although I’m half tempted to find a New Years getaway to somewhere nice and warm. This year my missus has spoiled me too much so I might have to surprise her with a nice weekend away.

/off to have a look at some insanely expensive nye getaways :p.

Man of Honour
SexyGreyFox, I am very sorry to hear that. It's a sad time whenever someone loses a loved one but near Christmas which is when families come together it hurts more. My thoughts are with you and your family.

As for New Years eve it will be just myself, the wife and our three cats staying at home. I can't be doing with being squeezed into a bar and being pushed around all evening anymore.

Back
Top Bottom