• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Upgrading 980Ti for VR?

Associate
I've seen the recommendations to wait until next year's GPU's, but I've also heard they're delayed until June. Would it be worth upgrading to anything now? The 2080Ti is way outside my budget, but not sure if the 2080 or 2070 would be worth it? I want to stick with nVidia for G-Sync.

Soldato
I've seen the recommendations to wait until next year's GPU's, but I've also heard they're delayed until June. Would it be worth upgrading to anything now? The 2080Ti is way outside my budget, but not sure if the 2080 or 2070 would be worth it? I want to stick with nVidia for G-Sync.

It would help if you told us what VR headset you were thinking of getting, as the high-end ones need more graphics grunt.

Associate
IMHO 980ti is perfectly fine for VR, I use mine for VR and also for surround 5840x1080 (with bezel compensation)

I had the 980 ti with the rift s. Its good in games. But not good for 5.7k 180deg videos. As the 980ti does not have the software to decode high res videos.

Associate
OP
It would help if you told us what VR headset you were thinking of getting, as the high-end ones need more graphics grunt.
Sorry, I actually have the headset already. I'm currently using the Oculus Quest with Oculus Link / Virtual Desktop. I also have a Vive but it's such a faff to use compared to the Quest I don't bother.

It runs VR fine but I was looking for better graphics/performance, but maybe it's not worth it at the moment?

Back
Top Bottom